Research & Centers
College of Liberal Arts faculty are nationally and internationally recognized scholars conducting interdisciplinary and values-driven research that demonstrates deep commitment to making a difference in our communities.
Our faculty members and fellows:
- approach each discipline with academic rigor and objectivity.
- have special expertise as practitioners of public policy.
- address policy issues of all kinds, generally focusing on issues of an urban society.
- understand that social and economic inequities are inherent in our system and work to develop the tools to evaluate and address those inequities.
- see diversity—in age, race, gender, ethnicity, and nationality—as central to our makeup, to great learning, and to our region's economic future.
Centers and Institutes
- Applied Ethics Center
- Catherine Frisone Scott Center for Italian Cultural Studies
- Center for Evidence Based Mentoring
- Center for Portuguese Language - Instituto Camões
- Center for the Study of Humanities, Culture & Society
- Center for World Languages & Cultures
- Consortium on Gender, Security, and Human Rights
- Fiske Center
- Labor Resource Center
- The Spanish Resource Center