What We Do
UMass Boston’s Division of Marketing and Engagement (M&E) serves as the primary source of university news, communications, marketing, branding, creative services, media relations, government relations, community relations. M&E strives to celebrate our Beacon community, its accomplishments, its diversity, and everything that makes UMass Boston great.
- Communications. Oversees university news content and distribution, featured event calendar, and all media inquiries.
- Community Relations. Acts as the liaison between UMass Boston and surrounding communities, representing the university in community organizations and activities whose missions are closely aligned with that of the university.
- Creative Services. Oversees the university's visual and written brand; provides marketing, design, editorial, photo/video, and brand guidance for the university.
- Finance. Oversees M&E budget, purchasing, and contracts.
- Government Relations. A partnership with the Chancellor's Office. For more, contact Assistant Chancellor Matt Fenlon, matt.fenlon [at] umb.edu, 617.287.7184.
- Marketing. Oversees all paid and organic marketing campaigns to boost prospect enrollment and university community engagement; manages top-level university social media.
- Website Services. Oversees the digital presence of the university, including the university's website and mobile app.
- WUMB. A non-commercial, public radio station broadcasting 24 hours a day, with a commitment to preserving and promoting folk music.