Our primary responsibility is to report official campus statistics on students, faculty, and staff based on census data, i.e., data extracted from the student information system on one particular day, usually after the end of add/drop deadline. The end of term census is created after the semester ends. The staff and faculty census is usually created in mid-October and March.
We have a number of recurring reports, including:
- FastFacts_2022: Fast Facts reports the most commonly requested statistics about UMass Boston enrollment, degrees, and faculty. This is a yearly report based on fall statistics.
- Who are our students?: Another yearly publication based on fall statistics that highlight the characteristics of our incoming students.
- Common Data Set: “The Common Data Set (CDS) initiative is a collaborative effort among data providers in the higher education community and publishers as represented by the College Board, Peterson's, and U.S. News & World Report. The combined goal of this collaboration is to improve the quality and accuracy of information provided to all involved in a student's transition into higher education, as well as to reduce the reporting burden on data providers.”—CDS Initiative
- Statistical Portrait: Statistical portrait is a collection of data tables published every fall. These tables present a wide range of campus statistics, from admission trend to SAT scores to graduation rates. Most of these tables present the past five year’s data.
- UMass Annual Indicator and Student Profiles: These yearly reports are published by the UMass Office of the President.