UMass Boston

Undergraduate Forms

Change of Major Request Form

The Change of Major Request Form can be used by applicants wishing to have their application reviewed for a different major or by accepted students wishing to adjust their major before the end of their initial add/drop period. Submitting this request to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions does not guarantee admission into the selected major. Any change of major requests by students after the add/drop period should be filed with The One Stop in the Campus Center.

Undergraduate Deferral Form

The Deferral Form is to be used by accepted students who have submitted an enrollment deposit and wish to postpone their acceptance to a future semester. Students are allowed to defer once per application for up to one year from their original acceptance date. A student may not defer if attending another college/university, or if s/he has been accepted by the College of Nursing and Health Sciences. The deadline to defer is the last day of add/drop.

Housing Plan Change

The Housing Plan Change form is used for newly accepted or referred students who would like to update their Housing Plan in order to ensure the correct housing plan is reflected on their Financial Aid Offer. Please note, to secure on-campus housing, students must submit a housing reservation fee and complete the housing process.