Purpose: This information will be used to develop policies and interventions identified by Black women to advance birth equity for themselves, their families, and their community.
We want to learn about:
- The impact of racism, gender roles, and social support on your life
- Your power to make change on pregnancy and birth outcomes
- Your prenatal, delivery, and postpartum experience during the time of COVID-19
- What you think is needed to have a healthy pregnancy
This survey is important because:
- Black women in Massachusetts are 2.5 times more likely to die from pregnancy-related deaths compared to women of other races
- Preterm birth accounts for 60-80% of all infant deaths
- In 2018, 289 infants in Massachusetts died before reaching their first birthday
- In 2019, the percentage of preterm birth rate among Black women was the highest compared to women of other races in Massachusetts
You are being invited to participate in this research study if you identify as Black and have given birth in the past two (2) years. To learn more about the study, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and call us at (617) 287-7476.
Participation in this study is voluntary and includes:
- Completing an online confidential survey lasting 45 minutes to 1 hour
- Study Stipend: $50 gift card for your time in completing the survey