Event Planning Guide
Below is a step by step guide to help you plan and coordinate a successful event at UMass Boston.
Step 1 | Reserve Event Location(s) and equipment
Identify a location and submit your event details via our request form:
- Review the list of most commonly used meeting and event spaces
- Select your event or meeting space based on its availability
- Submit an event or meeting request at least (5) business days prior to your event date
- Indicate equipment needs for your event including tables, chairs, easels, etc.
Step 2 | Review Categories of Use, Scheduling Privileges and Fee Schedule
All activities scheduled in university spaces fall within one of the following categories:
- First Priority | UMass Boston departments and student organizations
- Second Priority | University co-sponsored or affiliated programs
- Third Priority | Non-university events
If you fall into the second or third priority categories, fees will apply. Event Services will provide you with a cost proposal and event contract.
Step 3 | Arrange Event Logistics
Below are items you may need to procure before your event:
Depending on the needs of your event additional staff services may be required. These services may include grounds keeping, cleaning, and safety. Event Services can coordinate with these departments on your behalf. Charges for services may apply.
Step 4 | Finalize and Confirm Event Details
Review your event confirmation and verify the following:
- Final guest headcount has been provided to Event Services
- Equipment listed on confirmation is accurate
- Confirm with all service providers that you have enlisted, including their expected arrival times and any other relevant information (e.g. AV Services and Catering)
If at any time you have questions, please contact Event Services. We are happy to help walk you through the event planning process.