Get InformationThe Facilities Department oversees the operation and maintenance of multiple building and utility systems, the maintenance of university grounds and roadways and the provision of janitorial and pest control services. In addition, the Facilities Department supports the planning, design, and construction of major renovations and new construction in conjunction with the University of Massachusetts Building Authority and the Commonwealth’s Division of Capital Asset Management.
UMass Boston consists of 11 buildings located on Columbia Point (10 on the main campus and the former Bayside Expo Center at 200 Mt. Vernon Street). Between the main campus and the Bayside property, the university occupies more than 120 acres on Columbia Point. Also, the University operates four additional buildings at the Nantucket Field Station on Nantucket.
The department works with the Office of Master Planning on master plan-related capital projects and supports the university’s Space Planning and Capital Expenditure (SPACE) Committee.
The UMass Boston Facilities Department is committed to:
- Respect: We are committed to developing mutual respect through soliciting input, active listening and communicating, recognizing diverse points of view, and giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Customer Service: We are committed to understanding the needs of the UMass Boston community, communicating effectively, and delivering solutions in a courteous, professional, and timely manner.
- Collaborative Relationships: We are committed to building strong, successful partnerships within our department, the university, and the community.
- Stewardship: We are committed to creating and maintaining safe, attractive, and environmentally conscious buildings and grounds.
- Excellence: We are committed to the highest standards of quality and performance and dedicated to continuous improvement across the department.
- Effectiveness: We are committed to developing efficient processes and delivering services that are fiscally, operationally, and environmentally responsible with an emphasis on proactive solutions.
- Employee Development: We are committed to promoting the professional development of our employees' skills and expertise, and to attracting and retaining highly-qualified individuals.
Learn the History of UMass Boston Campus Facilities
Service and Supply Building
Upper Level, Room 001