We can be reached by calling (617) 287-5690 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in counseling, the first step will be an initial consultation with a clinician to talk about your concerns and interest. We help students identify and access the most appropriate services for particular situations, which may include follow up sessions here at the counseling office. All enrolled UMass Boston students, regardless of insurance, are eligible for the following services at no charge, and we will assess these options further in the consultation:
- A consultation, by appointment, to determine treatment needs and options
- Brief and focused individual therapy
- Emergency/crisis intervention
- Assistance with referrals for accessing care off-campus
- Assistance with medical documentation and referrals to on-campus supports
- Outreach events, groups and workshops
- Medication evaluations
- Educational materials
Whether or not you are a current patient at the center, we have options for same day crisis support (by walking in day time, or calling our 24/7 crisis phone support at 855.634.4135)
Routine and front desk office hours are Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., when the University is also open.
The Counseling Center has limited operations for telehealth counseling only on: 5-7 pm Mondays – Wednesdays
The last week in December and the first week in January each calendar year Spring break each calendar year
The week of Memorial Day (after commencement and before Summer Sessions) each calendar year