Print reserves refers to our collection of books and videos which can be borrowed for a limited period within and outside the library building. In the new UMBrella discovery tool, links to eBooks, Streaming Video, and database content can also be linked to a course reserves list. The physical collection is housed at the Circulation Desk on the second floor of the Healey Library. See the reserves policies for additional information.
Electronic Content (e-Reserves)
The Library Reserves team supports faculty with electronic instructional materials, including readings, films, and other resources, for their courses by:
- Locating and acquiring instructional course materials and readings for faculty upon request
- Creating accessible, screen reader-compatible (Optical Character Recognition, or OCR) scans of readings, ensuring compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Creating copyright-compliant permalinks (proxied links) to licensed Library resources that can be shared with students via Blackboard, email, blogs, wikis, and other eLearning platforms
- Locating appropriate licensed Library resources and high-quality Open Access (OA) materials for faculty and students to use in place of expensive textbooks where possible
- Assisting interested faculty with the development of Open Educational Resources (OERs) to replace expensive textbooks
As of July 5, 2016, the Docutek eReserves system has been retired from use at UMass Boston. We have automatically archived content used between the years 2013-2016. Faculty may request their archived materials by contacting library staff at Library.Reserves@umb.edu.
We can assist you in reviewing your Docutek content and preparing it for use in Blackboard or other channels, following ADA compliance requirements expected of state universities.
See the reserves policies for more information, including:
- Circulation policies (loan periods, fines, etc.)
- Putting items on reserves, faculty only.
- Ask a Librarian
- UMBrella (NEW!)
- Course Reserves
- Databases List
- InterLibrary Loan
- Research Guides (Search by topic)
- Worldcat at UMass Boston (Search libraries worldwide)
- My Library Account
- Info for Faculty
- ScholarWorks (Campus Archives for Faculty Research and Publications)
- Healey Library News
- Give Now
Processing HoursMonday–Friday: 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Items on reserve are available at the Circulation Desk during regular library hours.