For questions about library hours, your account, laptops, barcodes, loan periods, overdue book, fines, or any general library questions, contact the Circulation Department at:
For a list of all departments, check the listing of Library Departments.
Get help from a librarian via any of the following channels:
- Ask a Librarian!
Search/browse FAQs, or submit a question for a response within 24 hours (Monday-Friday).
- Call the Reference Desk
- Chat with a Librarian
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, real-time chat support provided by UMass Boston librarians and other librarians on college campuses throughout the world.
- Send a Text
- Send a text to: 617.826.9978. A UMass Boston reference librarian will respond within 24 hours (Monday-Friday).
- Schedule a Research Consultation with a Reference Librarian.
- UMass Boston librarians can meet with individuals or groups to help you find and cite articles, books, and more for your papers and projects.
- Research Guides cover a variety of general research topics such as evaluating sources and search strategies.
- The Online Reference Collection is a great place to find background material for your research.
- The Library Glossary provides definitions of commonly used library terms.
- The Plagiarism Prevention and Awareness guide offers tutorials and resources to help learners understand both what plagiarism is and how to avoid committing it.
- Citing Sources provides links to reliable web sites that guide students through citation styling, academic writing, avoiding plagiarism, etc.
- Citation Management Tools offers a comparison of different tools.
- Mendeley is a free tool from Elsevier that allows users to organize, reference, annotate, and share documents
- Zotero is a free Firefox browser extension that lets you collect, manage, and cite a multitude of resources while surfing the Internet.
- Academic Support Programs provide tutoring, academic instruction and writing support to students.
- IT Service Desk helps with issues related to computer hardware, software, printing or the network.
- IT Training Portal offers workshops for the UMass Boston community.
- Ask a Librarian
- Course Reserves
- Databases List
- Give Now
- Healey Library News