- Creality Ender-3 - x13(!)
- Build plate volume: 220 x 220 x 250 mm [8.7 x 8.7 x 9.8 in]
- MakerBot Replicator 5th gen - x2
- Build plate volume: 252 x 199 x 150 mm [9.9 x 7.8 x 5.9 in]
The following equipment is either down for repairs or retired:
- MakerBot Replicator 2
- Build plate volume: 246 x 152 x 155 mm [9.7 x 6.0 x 6.1 in]
- Cube 3 - x2
- Build plate volume: 152 x 152 x 152 mm [6.0 x 6.0 x 6.0 in]
- Cube Pro
- Build plate volume: 285 x 230 x 270 mm [11.2 x 9.1 x 10.6 in]
- MakerGear M2
- Build plate volume: 200 x 250 x 200 mm [8.0 x 10.0 x 8.0 in]
Note that if your 3D print is larger than the sizes listed above, there are a few ways that this can be dealt with. The file can be shrunk down to fit, or it can be printed in pieces and then assembled afterwords. A third option is to work with a different MakerSpace with larger printers, check our list of other area makerspaces to find one that can better accommodate your needs. Contact us to discuss how to best deal with large print needs.
3D Printer Filament
We primarily work with pure PLA filament in a variety of different colors. We have the capability to print with other material types, however we don’t stock them normally in the lab, and we ask that you contact us to discuss printing with any other filament besides what the lab normally stocks. The UMass Boston MakerSpace does not print ABS filament, as our lab does not have proper ventilation needed for this material.
- 3D Scanner - Handheld Sense Scanner
- Silhouette Cameo Desktop Vinyl Cutter
- iMac - 27", 32MB memory
- Dell Optiplex - i7 processor, 32GB RAM, 24" monitor
- Dell Optiplex 98 - x5 - i5 processor, 8GB RAM
If you need equipment, tools, supplies, etc. which the MakerSpace lab doesn’t have, please contact us and we may be able to purchase it.
Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality Equipment
- Lenovo Mirage Solo - 10 headsets in a mobile cart (in development)
- HTC VIVE
- Dell Alienware Desktop
- Oculus Rift
- Tektronix Digital Multi-meter
- Tektronix 2-channel Function Generator
- Tektronix 4-channel Oscilloscope
- Weller Soldering Station
AutoDesk Fusion 360 and the Adobe Creative Suite are installed on our computers. If there are other apps you would like us to acquire, please contact us.