Publications at UMass Boston
UMass Boston's Office of Communications produces both online and print communication materials for the university:
- UMass Boston This Week: weekly e-newsletter sent to faculty and staff, created by communications staff; to submit a news item for consideration, contact email@example.com.
Subscribe to UMass Boston This Week
- Beacon Times: a UMass Boston broadside published via email and print in the fall and spring semesters.
Subscribe to Beacon Times
- Beacons: a magazine for alumni and friends of the university.
- UMass Boston Minute: minute-long radio segments on topics from green education initiatives to faculty-run film industry studies; a joint project between WUMB and the Office of Communications between 2013 and 2016 and again in 2019
- Building Connections: biannual newsletter focused on campus construction, published between 2012 and 2017
- The Point: biweekly e-newsletter featuring faculty achievements, student successes, and Campus Notes replaced by UMass Boston Today in the fall of 2014
- University Reporter: former monthly publication replaced by The Point in the summer of 2009
- Mass Media: UMass Boston’s independent, student-run newspaper Mass Media was established in 1966