Parking on Campus
- All faculty, staff, students, and visitors who can use public transportation are encouraged to do so. Drivers should go directly to the Bayside Lot on Mt. Vernon Street, or park at the satellite lots: the Herb Chambers property at 75 Morrissey Boulevard, next to the Boston Globe building, and St. Christopher’s Church, across from the Bayside Lot, at 265 Mt. Vernon Street.
- Parking fines are posted here
If you plan to park at UMass Boston, be sure to allow yourself time to find a space and walk to your destination on the campus. Remember that traffic may be very heavy, and space may be limited, especially at the beginning of the semester.
The university maintains several parking lots on and near the campus. For locations, please see our parking map. Use our interactive campus map to see photos of each of the parking lots. The lots are:
- Campus Center Garage (includes space for admissions guests)
- Beacons Lot (adjacent to the Science Center): Admissions and Research Study Guests only
- Clark Lot (adjacent to the Clark Athletic Center): Passes only
- University Lot D (access is across from the Clark Athletic Center, adjacent to the Calf Pasture Pumping Station)
- UMass Boston Bayside Lot (200 Mt. Vernon Street): Free shuttles run Monday-Friday
- Mt. Vernon Satellite Lot (265 Mt. Vernon Street): Free shuttles run Monday-Friday
- Morrissey Satellite Lot (75 Morrissey Boulevard): Free shuttles run Monday-Friday
Parking spaces designed for motorcycles are available in the Beacons Lot at one half the normal daily rate. Motorcycles may be parked in other lots for the full rate.
On weekdays during the fall and spring semesters, drivers are encouraged to park at the UMass Boston Bayside Lot, located at 200 Mt. Vernon Street in Boston, and take a free shuttle to the Clark Athletic Center or the Campus Center. (This shuttle, Route 3, stops at the Clark Athletic Center first.) Other satellite lots, open weekdays only, are located at 265 Mt. Vernon Street and 75 Morrissey Boulevard. If drivers are parked at 265 Mt. Vernon Street, the Route 3 shuttle will pick them up; if drivers are parked at 75 Morrissey Boulevard, the Route 1 shuttle will pick them up. These shuttles do not run on the weekends.