Parking on Campus
- New Parking Garage Opening in 2018; Have a Look Here
- Parking Pro Forma Report:
UMass Boston will be opening a new $70M parking garage in the summer 2018. It will be necessary for the university to increase its parking rates to pay for the cost and operations of the new garage. To assist with this process, the university engaged Walker Parking Consultants to prepare a Parking System Pro Forma report. This report recommends a fee structure to support the expenses associated with providing parking to the UMass Boston campus, including the debt service and operational costs associated with the new garage. This report will be used as a basis to set rates for students, non-unionized employees and visitors to the campus, as well as in collective bargaining with the university’s bargaining units for its unionized employees as required under M.G.L. Section 150 E. Download the full report.
If you plan to park at UMass Boston, be sure to allow yourself time to find a space and walk to your destination on the campus. Remember that traffic may be very heavy, and space may be limited, especially at the beginning of the semester. All faculty,staff,students and visitors who can use public transportation are encouraged to do so. Drivers should go directly to the Bayside Lot at 200 Mt. Vernon Street.
The university maintains several parking lots on and near the campus. For locations, please see our transportation map. Use our interactive campus map to see photos of each of the parking lots. The lots are:
- Campus Center Garage (includes space for admissions guests)
- Beacons Lot (adjacent to the Science Center): Authorized Vehicles only
- University Lot D (access is across from the Clark Athletic Center, adjacent to the Calf Pasture Pumping Station)
- UMass Boston Bayside Lot (200 Mt. Vernon Street): Free shuttles run Monday-Friday
- Mt. Vernon Satellite Lot located at St. Christopher's Church (265 Mt. Vernon Street): Free shuttles run Monday-Friday
- Morrissey Satellite Lot located at the Boston Globe (135 Morrissey Boulevard): Free shuttles run Monday-Friday
Parking spaces designed for motorcycles are available in the Beacons Lot at one half the normal daily rate. Motorcycles may be parked in other lots for the full rate.
On weekdays during the fall and spring semesters, drivers are encouraged to park at the UMass Boston Bayside Lot, located at 200 Mt. Vernon Street in Boston, and take a free shuttle to the Clark Athletic Center or the Campus Center. (This shuttle, Route 3, stops at the Clark Athletic Center first.) Other satellite lots, open weekdays only, are located at 265 Mt. Vernon Street and 135 Morrissey Boulevard. If drivers are parked at 265 Mt. Vernon Street, the Route 3 shuttle will pick them up; if drivers are parked at 135 Morrissey Boulevard, the Route 4 shuttle will pick them up. These shuttles do not run on the weekends.
Parking fines posted here.