Graduate Writing Resources
In addition to meeting individually with our trained writing consultants, attending writing groups and other events, graduate students can find additional resources on this page.
- Building Graduate-Level Writing Skills
- Revising Writing by Integrating Feedback
- Managing Imposter Syndrome
- Developing Your Writing Style
Healey Library, UMB’s library, has many resources that can be useful for graduate students. For example, they have research guides on specific subjects, including on citation managers and search tips. Our list of University Resources has additional helpful information.
The Purdue Owl is a popular resource for writing-related content and for citing sources in four of the most-used styles:
- American Psychological Association (APA) Style
- Modern Language Association (MLA) Style
- Chicago Manual of Style (CMS)
- American Medical Association (AMA) Style
If you’re using a different citation style, searching online will provide additional useful resources. Healey Library provides access to print citation manuals.