Plan Your Education
How to Apply
Apply for Admission
Please review the first-year and transfer apply pages for important information about application requirements, deadlines, and application status check.
Financing Your Education
Become a Beacon and pursue your passion in UMass Boston’s diverse, supportive environment. Many students across our 200+ undergraduate and graduate programs receive financial aid—providing access to an education that’s exceptional and affordable. Click below to learn more about financial aid opportunities and deadlines.
Deadlines & Cost
For fall semester admission, applications submitted by the "priority deadline" of March 1 are given priority and will be notified of a decision by the end of April. Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis through July 1.
For spring semester admission, the application deadline is December 1. Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis through December.
Cost & Aid
For additional information regarding tuition and fees, please visit the Bursar’s Office or send an email to Bursar@umb.edu.
Core Courses (30 Credit)
- SL 101 - Foundations of Sport Leadership 3Credit(s)
- SL 180 - Career Exploration and Development in the Sport Industry 3Credit(s)
- SL 201 - Sport in Society 3Credit(s)
- SL 280 - Internship I: Sport Practicum 3Credit(s)
- SL 301 - Sport Operations 3Credit(s)
- SL 302 - Sport Marketing and Sales 3Credit(s)
- SL 380 - Internship II: Domestic 6Credit(s)
- SL 381 - Internship III: International 6Credit(s)
- SL 401 - Sport Law, Ethics, and Equity 3Credit(s)
- SL 498 - Capstone: Sport and Social Change 3Credit(s)
Related Subject Area Courses (6 Credits)
Complete two from below.
- ECON 101 - Introduction to Microeconomics 3Credit(s)
- ECON 102 - Introduction to Macroeconomics 3Credit(s)
- AF 210 - Financial Accounting 3Credit(s)
Electives (9 Credits)
Complete three from below.
At least two courses must be at the 300-level or higher.
- ANTH 120L - Sports and Inequality: Race, Class, Gender, and the Labor of Sweat 3Credit(s)
- CAPS 131 - Business of Sports 3Credit(s)
- CLSICS 291 - Sport and Spectacle in Greece and Rome 3Credit(s)
- LABOR 120L - Sports and Inequality: Race, Class, Gender, and the Labor of Sweat 3Credit(s)
- POLSCI 345 - Sports, Politics, & Policy 3Credit(s)
- SL 110 - Sport and the Environment 3Credit(s)
- SL 120 - Sport and Religion 3Credit(s)
- SL 130 - Sport and African American Culture 3Credit(s)
- SL 310 - Race and Sport 3Credit(s)
- SL 331 - Gender and Sport 3Credit(s)
- SL 410 - Sport Activism, Advocacy, and Agency 3Credit(s)
- SL 420 - Sport and Globalization 3Credit(s)
Leadership in Education
Learn more about UMass Boston's Leadership in Education department, our research, and our faculty.Explore the Department of Leadership in Education
College of Education & Human Development
Learn more about the faculty, research, and programs that make up our College of Education & Human Development.Explore College of Education & Human Development