Apply as a Transfer Student
Transferring has never been easier.
Apply online by completing either the UMass Boston Application or the Common Application.
Please send all additional application requirements to the following address:
c/o Office of Undergraduate Admissions
100 Morrissey Blvd.
Boston, MA 02125
Copies of official transcripts can be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org from your institution. A transcript is considered official if sent to UMass Boston directly from the institution, either electronically or by mail.
Check Application Status
Use the tool below to check the status of your application. If we're missing any portion of your application (e.g., your transcripts, essay, SAT scores, letter of recommendation) the status check will let you know.
- Fall Semester (Domestic): Extended to September 1
- Spring Semester: December 15
- Traditional Nursing Program:
- Spring Start - November 1
- Fall Start - March 1
- Accelerated Nursing Program:
- Summer Start - February 1
- Fall Start - May 1
- Spring Start - September 1
- Official college transcripts from all institutions attended
- If you have completed less than 24 college-level credits
- Official high school transcript (or GED score report)
- $60 application fee
- English Language Proficiency for non-native speakers of English
- Traditional and Accelerated Nursing applicants should visit the following pages to review specific requirements:
- Traditional Nursing Application Requirements
- Accelerated Nursing Application Requirements
- TEAS exam scores are not required for traditional or accelerated nursing applicants. Both programs are "TEAS Optional." Students who would like their TEAS scores considered are welcome to submit them. We recommend a 75 or higher on each section if submitting scores.
- If you are transferring from a community college within the state of Massachusetts (except Quincy College) and will be completing an associate’s degree before enrolling at UMass Boston, you are eligible to apply as a MassTransfer student.
- When applying, utilize our UMass Boston Application linked above and identify yourself as a MassTransfer student. The $60 application fee will be automatically waived for you.
- The MassTransfer program brings several benefits, including waiving the application fee, increased transfer credit opportunities, and a tuition discount.
- Learn more about MassTransfer benefits.