Alpha Lambda Delta National Honor Society for First-year Students
- We're proud to announce our first Trow Undergraduate Scholarship winner - YuJin Kim, last year’s president of the UMass Boston Alpha Lambda Delta chapter, was awarded a Jo Anne J. Trow Scholarship in 2016.
Alpha Lambda Delta is a recognized, well-established national honor society for first-year students. If you have maintained a 3.5 or higher GPA (on a 4.0-point scale) during your first year at the University of Massachusetts Boston, you will be invited to join this prestigious society.
- Founded in 1924 at the University of Illinois specifically to honor excellent academic achievement by students in their first year of study in higher education
- Over 850,000 lifetime members
- Encourages superior academic achievement and a continued high standard of learning
- Helps students recognize and develop meaningful goals
- Promotes community service and civic engagement projects
- Encourages leadership training
- Opportunities for students to apply for scholarships
- New members receive a membership certificate and insignia pin
- Membership in Alpha Lambda Delta is for life