Alpha Lambda Delta National Honor Society for First-year Students
- The 2017 application is now available! Click here to download. 2017 Chapter Member Application deadline extended to Monday, July 30th at 3:30pm
- Calling all ALD artists! If you're an artist or enjoy drawing, enter the official Alpha Lambda Delta art competition to design the ALD poster for display in Campus Center. Deadline August 20th. Details below.
- Click here for descriptions of officers.
Alpha Lambda Delta is a recognized, well-established national honor society for first-year students. If you have maintained a 3.5 or higher GPA (on a 4.0-point scale) during your first year at the University of Massachusetts Boston, you will be invited to join this prestigious society.
- Founded in 1924 at the University of Illinois specifically to honor excellent academic achievement by students in their first year of study in higher education
- Over 850,000 lifetime members
- Encourages superior academic achievement and a continued high standard of learning
- Helps students recognize and develop meaningful goals
- Promotes community service and civic engagement projects
- Encourages leadership training
- Opportunities for students to apply for scholarships
- New members receive a membership certificate and insignia pin
- Membership in Alpha Lambda Delta is for life
2017 Alpha Lambda Delta Art Competition
We want YOU to enter your very own design showing your view of success and accomplishment as well as what Alpha Lambda Delta represents to you!
We will use the winning design on a poster in the Campus Center for this September. The winner will receive a $20 gift voucher.
Deadline for submission: August 20th.
Send your entry to either:
Our 2017-2018 Officers
President Alastair Crippen
Vice President Jade Chu
Co-Treasurer Manal Khan
Co-Treasurer Caitlin Petrus
Secretary Patrick Shaw
For More Information:
Check out the national Alpha Lambda Delta website