- As of Monday, February 12, Library users will be prompted to enter their campus username and password instead of their barcode when accessing the Library’s electronic resources from off-campus!
A Healey Library barcode allows you to check out books and use InterLibrary Loan.
Note: your Healey Library barcode is different from your student ID or UMS number.
How do I get a library barcode?
- On-campus students, faculty, and staff should go to the Circulation Desk with their Beacon Card or UMass Boston ID. A library staff member will activate your Beacon Card which will provide access to all of the library resources. If you have an older UMass Boston ID, the library staff will place a unique barcode sticker on the reverse of the ID card.
- Online students or students taking classes off campus, may call the Circulation Desk at 617.287.5900 to be assigned a barcode over the phone. Please have your UMS number and your mailing address ready for confirmation. All online and off-campus classes will be verified by the circulation staff.
- Affiliate Users (Sponsored Affiliates/Contingent Workers)
Campus departments can grant Affiliate User status to individuals working as consultants, community partners, or in interinstitutional collaborations. University policies and licensing arrangements require that a Contingent Worker status be established for these individuals. The sponsoring department should arrange for this status by following the process outlined through Contingent Workers section of the Human Resources Forms page. The Contingent Worker Status must be created for the affiliate user to appear in the library system and before a library barcode can be issued.
- Ask a Librarian
- UMBrella (NEW!)
- Course Reserves
- Databases List
- InterLibrary Loan
- Research Guides (Search by topic)
- Worldcat at UMass Boston (Search libraries worldwide)
- My Library Account
- Info for Faculty
- ScholarWorks (Campus Archives for Faculty Research and Publications)
- Healey Library News
- Give Now