- To new ILL users: If you have received a new library barcode you will need to wait 24 hours for it to be activated for ILL use.
- Dear ILL user: If you have received a replacement library barcode and you have active ILL requests associated with your old barcode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org both the old barcode and new barcode number. We will merge your accounts; this way you will be able to see all your requests under your new account and renew your loans as well!
- Healey Library's access to the Center for Research Libraries was renewed through June 2018. CRL is a rich network of research resources for unique, and often rare, primary and secondary sources that are available at no cost to UMass Boston users.
ILLiad is the name of the software that Healey Library uses for its interlibrary loan service. You can track all requests made through ILLiad. You may also request ILLiad renewals online here.
Step 1: Double check our ejournals and catalog
Before requesting an item through ILL, have you checked to see if it's available in one of Healey Library's online resources? If not, please check...you might save yourself some valuable time.
Step 2: Place a Request
Log in to ILL - You will log in to your ILLiad account with your last name and barcode and choose a request type under “New Request”
- Copy (Article, book chapter, conference, etc. - anything that can be scanned & emailed)
- Loan (Book, CD, DVD, thesis, etc. - anything that can be mailed to us physically)
First time logging in? Go to this page for instructions.
Step 3: Fill out the Form
Please fill out the form with as much detail as possible. The more information you provide, the faster we can get the item for you!
A separate request must be submitted for each article or book needed.
WorldCat at UMass Boston provides a quick way to order books and other physical materials (CDs, DVDs, anything that can be physically mailed to us) from our partner libraries in the Boston Library Consortium (BLC).
Who can borrow?
Current students, faculty, and staff of UMass Boston may request materials through Interlibrary Loan. Alumni of UMass Boston, and students attending other institutions are not eligible to use ILL services at the Healey Library, and they should contact their current institution or their local public library for ILL service.
For more information on our ILL services, please go here.