- Dear ILL user: If you have received a replacement library barcode and you have active ILL requests associated with your old barcode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org both the old barcode and new barcode number. We will merge your accounts; this way you will be able to see all your requests under your new account and renew your loans as well!
- Healey Library's access to the Center for Research Libraries was renewed through June 2018. CRL is a rich network of research resources for unique, and often rare, primary and secondary sources that are available at no cost to UMass Boston users.
ILLiad is the name of the software that Healey Library uses for its interlibrary loan service. You can track all requests made through ILLiad. You may also request ILLiad renewals online here.
Step 1: Activate Your Library Barcode
Contact the Library Circulation Desk on the 2nd floor of Healey Library to activate your Library barcode. (For more information about activating your Library barcode, please see Healey Library's FAQs.)
NOTE: Please plan ahead! Due to automated system processes, barcodes that are edited or activated BEFORE 8pm will be available to log in to the ILL system after 8am the following morning. Barcodes that are edited or activated AFTER 8pm will be available to log in to the ILL system after 8am on the second day following the edit or activation.
Step 2: Double Check UMBrella and E-Journals
Step 3: Log In to ILLiad
- Copy (Article, book chapter, conference proceedings, etc. - anything that can be scanned & emailed)
- Loan (Book, CD, DVD, thesis, etc. - anything that can be mailed to us physically)
First time logging in? Go to this page for instructions.
Please report any ILL login issues to Library.Circulation@umb.edu
Step 4: Place a Request
Please fill out the request form with as much information as possible. The more details you provide, the faster we can get the item for you!
A separate request must be submitted for each article or book needed.
WorldCat at UMass Boston provides a quick way to order books and other physical materials (CDs, DVDs, anything that can be physically mailed to us) from our partner libraries.
Who can borrow?
Current students, faculty, and staff of UMass Boston may request materials through Interlibrary Loan. Alumni of UMass Boston, and students attending other institutions are not eligible to use ILL services at the Healey Library, and they should contact their current institution or their local public library for ILL service.
For more information on our ILL services, please review our Interlibrary Loan guide.
- Ask a Librarian
- UMBrella (NEW!)
- Course Reserves
- Databases List
- InterLibrary Loan
- Research Guides (Search by topic)
- Worldcat at UMass Boston (Search libraries worldwide)
- My Library Account
- Info for Faculty
- ScholarWorks (Campus Archives for Faculty Research and Publications)
- Healey Library News
- Give Now