UMass Boston Email and Office 365
New to UMass?
- Email accounts are created automatically upon enrollment or employment.
- New students must complete their enrollment (e.g. pay their new student deposit) before they can use email.
- New faculty & staff must be active in the HR system before claiming their account.
- If you are new to UMass Boston, you can claim your account online.
All Students, Staff & Faculty
- Your UMass Boston email address is how the university will notify you of important information. Check it often!
- Webmail includes versions of Microsoft Office apps that can be used online or installed via the web.
- UMass Boston email accounts can also be used with clients like Apple Mail and Microsoft Outlook.
- For more information, see our UMass Boston Email FAQ.
MFA is required for all users on several systems at UMass Boston. Visit the Microsoft Authenticator Instructions page for more information.
Information Technology will never ask you for your username and password via email. Phishing emails attempt to deceive the recipient into giving up private information in a response to a message or by leading the recipient to a fraudulent website. See our Phishing page for more information. Check out our security guidelines to stay safe online.
We have lots of how-to articles about this service to help you learn more about UMass Boston Email.
Outlook Desktop app
Want something more than webmail? Try the Outlook desktop app!