How to Apply
Applicants to the MBA, MSA, MSF, MSIT, and MSBA degree programs must submit the following application materials:
- Online application with the application fee.
- Current professional resume highlighting professional and academic contributions/qualifications.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended, both undergraduate and graduate. Applicants must have the equivalent of a United States bachelor's degree to be eligible to apply. All transcripts are required, regardless of whether credits were transferred.
- Exam Scores Required: Please note: The admissions cycles through spring 2024 will opt out of requiring GRE scores for admission due to COVID-related closures of testing sites.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from professional or academic references: Applicants must provide the name and email address for (2) references as part of the online application. Those references will receive an email notification directing them to a secure site to submit their recommendation. If references prefer to type a traditional letter, it should be sent as a PDF attachment referencing the applicant's name, student ID number and program of interest, to GADocs@umb.edu.
- Statement of intent essay: State a current issue, problem or topic from your intended field of study (This can be specific to your country, state or local community) and discuss your strategic plan as to how you would address the issue and how attending graduate school at UMass Boston will aid you in your pursuits.
International graduate applicants must submit supplemental documentation.
- Non-US transcript evaluations are not required, unless requested by Graduate Admissions. If requested, non-US transcripts can be evaluated by the Center for Educational Documentation (CED) located at www.cedevaluations.com. We require a course-by-course evaluation report. Applicants must submit the evaluation package as well as a separate copy of their official transcript.
- All applicants, regardless of current citizenship, who have completed their undergraduate studies outside of the United States must take the official TOEFL, IELTS, DuoLingo, or Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic) scores. Learn more here.
Deadlines & Cost
Deadlines: May 1 for summer, July 1 for fall, November 15 for spring
Application Fee: The nonrefundable application fee is $75. UMass Boston alumni and current students that plan to complete degree requirements prior to graduate enrollment can submit the application without paying the application fee.
Program Cost Information: For additional information regarding tuition and fees, please visit the Bursar’s Office. Please refer to Financial Aid for more information on assistantships and other financial aid resources.
Program Requirements - Summer Start MBA
Summer courses run at an accelerated schedule offering two sessions between May-August. Summer Session I begins in late May, and Session II starts in mid-July. Full-time students can complete four courses over the summer, and part-time students can take fewer classes at their own pace.
Program Requirements - 1-Year MBA
Begin the 1-Year Full-Time MBA program in either the Summer, Fall, or Spring term. Students must complete 4 courses in each semester to fulfill degree requirements within 1 year.
Program Requirements - Online MBA
The MBA's 10-required courses are available online, as are some elective courses with increased online offerings available every semester. Enjoy the convenience of the Online MBA, supported by advisor and faculty guidance, at one of the lowest online tuition rates in the field. Classes are asynchronous so that you can complete the coursework at a convenient time for you.
Best Online MBA Program 2023 by U.S. News & World Report
Best Online MBA Program for Veterans 2023 By U.S. News & World Report
Program Requirements - One Price Tuition Model (OPM) MBA
Students have numerous flexible tuition options to choose from when pursuing their MBA at UMass Boston. One new opportunity is the One Price Tuition Option (OPM), an MBA with a locked-in tuition rate of $25,000.* MBA students can opt-in to this program any time before the start of their second semester and have up to five years to complete the degree.
This guaranteed tuition option is designed for flexible online learning but allows students to take up to two face-to-face classes. International students can take up to two face-to-face classes a semester to meet International students' F1-visa requirements. Contact your advisor to learn more.
|Residency||Per Credit||Per Course||36 Credit MBA|
|Out of State and International**||$1,562||$4,686||$56,232*|
|One Price Tuition Option||$695||$2,085||$25,020*|
Students must opt-in to the One Price Tuition Option to get the locked-in tuition rate.
*Does not include applicable fees, fees subject to change
Required Business Courses (30 Credits):
- MBA AF 601 - Economics for Managers 3 Credit(s)
- MBA AF 610 - Accounting for Managers 3 Credit(s)
- MBA AF 620 - Financial Management 3 Credit(s)
- MBAMGT 650 - Organizational Analysis and Skills 3 Credit(s)
- MBAMGT 660 - Business and Its Environment 3 Credit(s)
- MBAMGT 689 - Strategic Management 3 Credit(s)
- MBAMKT 670 - Marketing Management 3 Credit(s)
- MBAMS 630 - Statistical Analysis for Managers 3 Credit(s)
- MBAMS 635 - Operations Mgt 3 Credit(s)
- MBAMS 640 - Computer & Info Syst 3 Credit(s)
Electives (6 to 12 Credits):
Complete at least two additional business courses.
Students who wish to specialize must complete three to four electives.
Complete 36 or 42 credits from 12 to 14 courses including ten required business courses and two to four electives.
Specialization: Students may choose to specialize in one of 11 areas: accounting, business analytics, digital marketing, environmental management, finance, information systems, international management, leadership and organizational change, marketing, nonprofit management, or supply chain and service management. Students who choose to specialize must complete three to four electives.
Capstone: Completion of a written paper as part of MBAMGT 689.
Statute of limitations: Five years
Graduate Program Director Vesela Veleva
vesela.veleva [at] umb.edu
College of Management
Learn more about the faculty, research, and programs that make up our College of Management.Explore College of Management