Composition et Stylistique (3 Credits):
- FRENCH 301 - Composition et stylistique 3 Credit(s)
French 300-Level Electives (6 Credits):
Take two courses from the list below.
- FRENCH 302 - Initiation a la litterature et a la civilisation francaises: Depuis le Moyen Age jusqu’a la fin du 1 3 Credit(s)
- FRENCH 303 - Intro Lit & Cult II 3 Credit(s)
- FRENCH 304 - French Conversation 3 Credit(s)
- FRENCH 307 - French and Francophone Popular Culture 3 Credit(s)
- FRENCH 310 - French for Heritage Speakers 3 Credit(s)
- FRENCH 312 - French in the Professional and Business World 3 Credit(s)
French 400-Level Electives (6 Credits):
Take two courses between French 411 and 498 (inclusive) or MLLC 480 at UMass Boston or in the Paris program.
Additional French Electives (6 Credits);
Take two courses between French 302 and 498 (inclusive) or MLLC 480 not already taken.
French or Francophone Electives (9 Credits):
Take three additional courses from the list of French courses above or from the list below.
- AFRSTY 150 - African Images in Literature 3 Credit(s)
- AFRSTY 225 - The Origins of Caribbean Civilizations 3 Credit(s)
- AFRSTY 292G - African Caribbean Literature 3 Credit(s)
- AFRSTY 310 - Modern Caribbean Society 3 Credit(s)
- ANTH 223G - Afro-Caribbean Religions 3 Credit(s)
- ANTH 272 - Peoples and Cultures of Africa 3 Credit(s)
- ANTH 274 - Peoples and Cultures of the Caribbean 3 Credit(s)
- ART 250 - Art of the Twentieth Century 3 Credit(s)
- ART 317 - Nineteenth-Century Art in Europe and the United States 3 Credit(s)
- HIST 313 - Nineteenth Century Europe 3 Credit(s)
- HIST 315 - Europe 1900-1945 3 Credit(s)
- HIST 316 - Europe since 1945 3 Credit(s)
- HIST 330 - The French Revolution 3 Credit(s)
- PHIL 208 - Existential Themes in Philosophy and Literature 3 Credit(s)
Plan Your Education
How to Apply
Apply for Admission
Please review the first-year and transfer apply pages for important information about application requirements, deadlines, and application status check.
Financing Your Education
Become a Beacon and pursue your passion in UMass Boston’s diverse, supportive environment. Many students across our 200+ undergraduate and graduate programs receive financial aid—providing access to an education that’s exceptional and affordable. Click below to learn more about financial aid opportunities and deadlines.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Supplement any major with a minor in French to advance your language skills and open doors to your future career.
Build a career as a language teacher in a public or private school and share your knowledge of French language and culture with students of all ages. Pursue opportunities in translation or interpretation, helping individuals and organizations communicate effectively across linguistic and cultural barriers. Or, explore careers in government and diplomacy, working for national or international organizations such as the United Nations, NATO, or various embassies and consulates. Whatever your goals, UMass Boston is here to support you.
- French Teacher
- Interpreter/ Translator
- International Business Person
College of Liberal Arts
Learn more about the faculty, research, and programs that make up our College of Liberal Arts.Explore the College of Liberal Arts