UMass Boston

Student Government

Governing bodies for students exist on the undergraduate and graduate level. Both groups represent their student constituents to the University community, and support programming and activity for their student populations.

The Undergraduate Student Government and the Graduate Student Assembly represent their student constituents to the University community and support programming and activities for their student populations, especially through undergraduate clubs and graduate professional organizations.

Undergraduate Student Government

The Student Senate: Comprised of representatives from the academic colleges, the Senate administers, through the Office of Student Activities and Leadership, the student activities fee that funds over 100 clubs and centers (CC-3-3003).

Graduate Student Government

The Graduate Student Government: Funds graduate professional organizations with several different types of grants to graduate students to assist their professional development and research. They have hosted a graduate research conference and plan social activities to bring graduate students from different programs together (CC-3-3404.01). 

Student Activities

Campus Center, 3rd Floor 3400
617-287-7950 (telephone)
617-287-7978 (fax)