UMass Boston

Referral/ Resource Forms

Do you know a student in need?

The U-Access/Food Pantry Referral form is a place where faculty, staff, community members, and students can refer students experiencing non-academic struggles, such as food or housing insecurity, to U-Access and our services. contact us for more immediate assistance.

U-Access Food Pantry Referral Form


Do you need Emergency Funding for Housing?

U-Access (Office of Urban and Off-Campus Support Services) has an Emergency Housing Fund through Liberty Mutual that is designed to help students during one-time housing emergencies by providing small grants (less than $1,000). The fund is reviewed by a committee of U-Access staff and is intended for students under the age of 24 who are homeless or housing insecure. You should submit any documentation of the housing emergency that you have and the more information, the better. Here is information and the application for the fund. 

Student Application Criteria

  • Applicant is an undergraduate UMass Boston Student
  • Applicant is currently enrolled in courses at UMass Boston
  • Applicant is 24 years old or younger
  • Applicant has not exceeded financial Aid limits due to federal regulations
  • Applicant has not already been awarded Emergency Aid through Dean of Students office 
  • Applicant has not received Emergency Housing Aid within the current semester from U-Access

Housing Aid Request