Writing House Online (WHO)
The Writing House Online (WHO) is the Manning College of Nursing and Health Sciences' writing resource center. The aim of the Writing House Online is to support MCHNS students to become stronger, more confident, and more accomplished writers. WHO tutors work with undergraduate, graduate, and PhD students on writing for general education, core, and elective courses. The Writing House advises students on meeting the requirements of the Writing Proficiency Evaluation (WPE) and with career and college application writing.
WHO offers a variety of resources to assist students and faculty, including writing guides, workshops, paper feedbacks, and one-on-one tutoring sessions. Through the WHO scheduling page, students can book an appointment with one of our knowledgeable graduate school tutors for live online tutoring or a paper feedback.
Live Online Tutoring allows students to have a dialogue with one of our tutors in real time about their writing assignments. Our friendly, open-minded tutors provide a non-judgmental environment where students can ask questions, develop their writing, and feel comfortable enough to say “I don’t know.”
Paper Feedback Appointments allow students to upload their written coursework without meeting with one of our tutors. Within 12-24 hours, we will review the work suggesting revisions with examples and links to other helpful resources, and then email the personalized feedback to the student.
WHO tutors work with CNHS students throughout the writing process to:
- Interpret writing assignments
- Get started on papers by brainstorming
- Organize thinking into an outline
- Acquire research strategies
- Develop thesis statements and topic sentences
- Clarify positions and arguments
- Check quality and integration of supporting evidence
- Revise drafts to keep writing focused, concise, and organized
- Use correct APA formatting
- Expand academic writing vocabulary
- Understand writing conventions more clearly
- Proofread, edit, and revise their own papers
If you have any questions or issues, explore our FAQs below or email us at the Writing House Online.