- Assistant Professor from the Center for Personalized Cancer Therapy Shailja Pathania was just awarded the Department of Defense’s Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP) Breakthrough Award. The BCRP challenges the scientific community to design research that will address the urgency of ending breast cancer. To learn more, click here.
- Distinguished Professor from the Center for Personalized Cancer Therapy Jill Macoska co-edited a special issue of Annals of Translational Medicine focused on the Microbiome in Urologic Health and Disease. She also co-authored a paper published in Scientific Reports on Urine Metabolisms.
- Distinguished Professor from the Center for Personalized Cancer Therapy Jill Macoska and Assistant Professor Changmeng Cai co-authored two publications. The first article is entitled "A Novel Nonsense Mutation in Androgen Receptor Confers Resistance to CYP17 Inhibitor Treatment in Prostate Cancer." The second article is entitled "Androgen Receptor Tumor Suppressor Function is Mediated by Recruitment of Retinoblastoma Protein."
- The Macoska Laboratory has had two abstracts accepted by the American Urological Association Annual Meeting that will be held in Boston in May 2017. They also had another accepted by the 2017 Keystone Symposia on Injury, Inflammation and Fibrosis to be held in Snowbird Utah in March 2017.
Graduate and PhD Student Achievements
- Graduate Student Casey McCabe presented her work as a speaker at the MIT xTalks: Digital Discourses Series. To view the video recording, click here.