- Lecturer of Biology Reinmar Seidler's proposal to run a 'Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Lab' in Guyana in May 2017 has been accepted. Just ten ‘SDG Labs’ (out of over 300 competing applications from all over the world) are being funded by Future Earth (an international NGO promoting sustainable development) and the Stockholm Resilience Centre, based at Stockholm University. To learn more, click here.
- Assistant Professor of Biology Doug Woodhams published a paper on mosquito microbiomes in Frontiers in Microbiology entitled, "Mosquito Microbiome Dynamics, a Background for Prevalence and Seasonality of West Nile Virus."
- Assistant Professor of Biology Jens Rister was featured in an article in UMass Boston News entitled, "UMass Boston Researcher Uses Fly Eyes to Understand Colorblindness and Cancer." To learn more, click here.
- Assistant Professor of Biology Jens Rister was awarded a three-year R00 Pathway to Independence Award from the National Eye Institute (NEI/NIH).
- Assistant Professor from the Center for Personalized Cancer Therapy Shailja Pathania was just awarded the Department of Defense’s Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP) Breakthrough Award. The BCRP challenges the scientific community to design research that will address the urgency of ending breast cancer. To learn more, click here.
Graduate and PhD Student Achievements
- Graduate Student Genevieve Davis presented at the Marine Mammal Commission Annual Meeting in Falmouth, MA on "Large Scale Monitoring of Species Distribution Patterns Across the Western North Atlantic." To learn more, click here.
- Graduate Student Casey McCabe presented her work as a speaker at the MIT xTalks: Digital Discourses Series. To view the video recording, click here.