Student Success Center
"SOMEWHERE, something INCREDIBLE is waiting to be KNOWN."
Carl Sagan, American Astronomer
The staff at the CSM Student Success Center are dedicated to providing strengths-based advising, in order to inspire students to realize their true purpose, and to:
- Energize students to engage in deep learning, and to acquire relevant knowledge & work-place competencies.
- Transition new students to the academic rigors of university life.
- Provide enrichment opportunities via the Freshmen Success Communities and college-wide events.
- Guide students to pursue purposeful pathways that are aligned with their academic/professional interests, talents, and values.
- Help students start and stay on track by empowering them to carefully plan their degree requirements each semester.
- Connect students to key campus resources supporting their overall well-being, social development, and career planning needs.
- Provide opportunities for students to develop into productive citizens and apply their knowledge, talents, and skills for the betterment of society at large.
We offer both in-person and remote drop-in advising opportunities.
Tuesdays: 10:00am - 11:30 am
Wednesdays: 1:00pm - 2:30 pm
Thursdays: 2:00pm - 3:30 pm
Check WISER to determine your specific enrollment appointment which is based on the number of your earned credits.
If you are a Biology or a Computer Science major with 60 credits or more, please meet with your faculty advisor to get your advising hold removed.
Sign in for Drop-Ins on our Intake Form where a Zoom link will be provided for students seeking virtual advising. You will be able to sign up for a drop-in session at the start time of a session.
Location: Wheatley Hall, 4th floor, suite 151.
Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Drop-In Hours for International Students & International Student Handbook
- ALEKS Instructions & Math Department Student Resources
- Academic Calendar
- GPA Calculator
- Video: Learn how to use the Schedule Builder, and save time! Select your courses, enter in your busy times, and develop an optimal schedule.
- WISER FAQs & Course Search Instructional Videos
- Class Schedule Worksheet
- Dean's List: At least 12 credits with a GPA of 3.5 or above and no grades below a C. Courses with a grade of “P” do not count towards the 12 graded credits.