Plan Your Education
How to Apply
Deadlines & Cost
Financing Your Education
Become a Beacon and pursue your passion in UMass Boston’s diverse, supportive environment. Many students across our 200+ undergraduate and graduate programs receive financial aid—providing access to an education that’s exceptional and affordable. Click below to learn more about financial aid opportunities and deadlines.
Core Courses (42 Credits)
- BIOL 207 - Anatomy and Physiology I 4 Credit(s)
- BIOL 208 - Anatomy and Physiology II 4 Credit(s)
- EHS 120 - Careers in Exercise & Health 3 Credit(s)
- EHS 160 - Fitness & Wellness 3 Credit(s)
- EHS 230 - Strength and Conditioning 3 Credit(s)
- EHS 260 - Physical Activity & Health 3 Credit(s)
- EHS 280 - Statistics for Health Professionals 3 Credit(s)
- EHS 300 - Health Fitness Assessment 4 Credit(s)
- EHS 310 - Applied Kinesiology 3 Credit(s)
- EHS 320 - Adapted Physical Activity 3 Credit(s)
- EHS 345 - Health Behavior Change 3 Credit(s)
- EHS 370 - Exercise Program Design 3 Credit(s)
- EHS 385 - Exercise Physiology I 3 Credit(s)
Electives (9 Credits)
Take three additional exercise and health science courses. At least one course must be at the 300-level or higher.
Internship (12 Credits)
- EHS 490 - Internship in Exercise Physiology 12 Credit(s)
- EHS 491 - Internship in Exercise and Health Sciences 6 Credit(s)
- Two EHS electives at the 300-level or higher
If this is the student’s only or primary major, the degree requirements below must be completed for graduation. See graduation requirements for more information.
Complete 63 credits from at least 17 courses including 13 required courses, three electives, and an internship requirement (one twelve-credit internship course or one six-credit internship course and two electives).
Minimum grade: A minimum grade of C- is required for all major courses.
Pass/fail: No courses taken pass/fail may be applied toward the major.
Please contact Chanel.email@example.com for questions.
Exercise & Health Sciences
Learn more about UMass Boston's Exercise & Health Sciences department, our research, and our faculty.Explore the Department of Exercise & Health Sciences
Manning College of Nursing & Health Sciences
Learn more about the faculty, research, and programs that make up our Manning College of Nursing and Health Sciences.Explore Now