Plan Your Education
How to Apply
Apply for Admission
Please review the first-year and transfer apply pages for important information about application requirements, deadlines, and application status check.
Financing Your Education
Become a Beacon and pursue your passion in UMass Boston’s diverse, supportive environment. Many students across our 200+ undergraduate and graduate programs receive financial aid—providing access to an education that’s exceptional and affordable. Click below to learn more about financial aid opportunities and deadlines.
Nutrition Course (3 Credits)
- EHS 150 - Introduction to Nutrition 3 Credit(s)
- BIOL 108 - Introduction to Nutrition 3 Credit(s)
Anatomy & Physiology (8 Credits)
Microbiology (4 Credits)
- BIOL 209 - Medical Microbiology 4 Credit(s)
- BIOL 334 - Microbiology 4 Credit(s)
Chemistry (4 to 5 Credits)
Take one laboratory chemistry course or lecture and lab pair from below.
- CHEM 117 - Chemical Principles I Laboratory 2 Credit(s)
- CHEM 116 - Chemical Principles II Lecture 3 Credit(s)
- CHEM 118 - Chemical Principles II Laboratory 2 Credit(s)
Nursing Core (70 Credits)
- HLTH 201 - Pathophysiology 3 Credit(s)
- NURSNG 220 - Health Assessment 4 Credit(s)
- NURSNG 226 - Introduction to Nursing Practice 6 Credit(s)
- HLTH 230 - Life Span Growth and Development 3 Credit(s)
- NURSNG 310 - Adult Health Nursing 9 Credit(s)
- HLTH 314 - Pharmacology 3 Credit(s)
- NURSNG 320 - Research 3 Credit(s)
- NURSNG 332 - Legal, Ethical and Health Policy Issues in Nursing 3 Credit(s)
- NURSNG 335 - Maternity and Women’s Health Nursing 6 Credit(s)
- NURSNG 345 - Mental Health Nursing 6 Credit(s)
- NURSNG 430 - Nursing in the Community 6 Credit(s)
- NURSNG 435 - Nursing Care of Children 6 Credit(s)
- NURSNG 455 - Nursing Synthesis and Capstone 9 Credit(s)
- NURSNG 456 - Leadership and Professional Practice Accelerated Option 3 Credit(s)
Upon admission to the University or completion of an Undergraduate Program Add/Change form.
Admission criteria for the major include GPA requirements and available space in the program. Students should seek advising before declaring the major.
If this is the student’s only or primary major, the degree requirements below must be completed for graduation. See graduation requirements for more information.
Complete a minimum of 89 credits from 19 courses including one nutrition course, two anatomy and physiology courses, one microbiology course, one chemistry course, and 14 nursing core courses.
GPA: A minimum GPA of 2.5 is required from all UMass Boston courses.
Minimum grade: No courses with a grade below C+ may be applied toward the major.
Pass/fail: No courses taken pass/fail may be applied toward the major.
Prospective Undergraduate students should direct all inquiries to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Manning College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Interested in learning more about the faculty, research, and range of programs that make the Manning College of Nursing and Health Sciences so popular?Explore Now