UMass Boston

Apply as a Veteran

More than 600 veterans from all branches of the armed forces study at UMass Boston.

Students who have served in the military, have earned a high school diploma, and have a Joint Service Transcript with no additional college experience, are considered First-Year Students and should apply to UMass Boston through our first-year application process. Military students who have additional college experience beyond a Joint Service Transcript, including transcripts from the Community College of the Air Force and American Public University System, are considered transfer students, and may apply to UMass Boston through our transfer application process

Qualifying veterans, dependents, and eligible individuals will be charged at the in-state tuition rate per The Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014.

  • Phone: 617.287.5866
  • Fax: 617.287.6242

Military Credit

UMass Boston recognizes the value of your military experience and education, be sure to send us your military transcripts and connect with our transfer admissions team to discuss transferring military credits to your degree program.

Explore Your Veteran Financial Benefits

Veterans Affairs will help you figure out your educational benefits once you have been admitted to the university.