- If this is an Emergency, please contact UMass Boston Police at 617.287.1212 or local police by dialing 911.
Requests & Referrals
Dean of Students Office staff is available to help you by email, phone, or online via video conference.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 617.287.5800
Please leave a message, including your name and phone number, and someone from the office will call you back during business hours.
- Request a Meeting or Phone Call: Meeting Request Form
Please indicate on the form times you are available and if you need to meet outside of business hours. After submitting the form, a staff member will reach out to you according to the information you provided. Staff are available to meet in person, on Zoom/virtually or over the phone.
- Refer or report a student to our office: Maxient Referral Forms.
- Forms: Please review our forms page to request an excused absence or to submit a form or document to our office.
The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm.
Meet the Staff
Shawn De Veau, J.D.
Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs/Dean of Students
Ashlee Carter, Ph.D.
Associate Dean of Students & Deputy Title IX Coordinator
Care Case Director
Brikitta Hairston, MSc
Title IX and Civil Rights Investigator for Students
Director of Community Standards
Administrative Assistant II
Laryssa, Kelly, Viny