Eligibility & Important Dates
The information you provide on the FAFSA determines your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and your eligibility for federal, state, and university funds.
- Meet basic eligibility criteria for financial aid.
- Demonstrate financial need (for most programs).
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen as defined by the federal government.
- Have a valid Social Security number (with the exception of students from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau).
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as an admitted student in a degree-granting program or financial aid eligible certificate program. (Students enrolled in non-degree programs may apply for a private loan).
- Enroll at least half time (6 credits or more) for Federal Direct Loan eligibility.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Not be in default or owe money on a federal student loan or any federal student aid program.
- Have a high school diploma, a General Educational Development (GED) certificate, or complete a high school education in a homeschool setting approved under state law.
- File a FAFSA. Remember to complete a renewal FAFSA for each academic year of attendance.
Financial Aid is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Students who meet the priority FAFSA application dates AND priority deadline to complete all To-Do list items in WISER will be considered for the most financial aid that they are eligible to receive.
March 15 (New Students)
FAFSA priority application date for fall semester
April at the earliest (New Students)
Financial aid offer letters are sent to incoming fall students
Target date for new students to complete To-Do list items in WISER to receive priority aid consideration.
Returning student FAFSA application date for priority aid consideration.
Target date for returning students to complete To-Do list items in WISER to receive priority aid consideration.
Late June/Early July
Financial aid offer letters are sent to returning fall students