Resources for Faculty and Staff
- The Office for Faculty Development advances the university mission by supporting faculty excellence in research and scholarship, teaching and learning, and engaged service by providing opportunities for professional development at all stages of faculty careers (tenure- and non-tenure-track, from new faculty to emeritus faculty).
- The Office of the Dean of Students (ODOS) provides advocacy, intervention, proactive programming, and referral services to the university community. This office is an excellent resource if you are concerned about a student.
- The Ross Center strives to partner with faculty to coordinate accommodations for students with disabilities, and to review course design to maximize inclusion. The staff members of the Ross Center are available to collaborate with faculty with the goal of creating courses that are more universally accessible, minimizing the need for individual accommodations, and maintaining all essential elements.
- Healey Library resources for faculty
- Blackboard Learn is UMass Boston's online learning management system (LMS) that facilitates fully-online courses and adds online elements to face-to-face courses. All faculty are strongly encouraged to create a Blackboard course to support your face-to-face course. Blackboard is especially helpful when campus is closed due to an emergency such as a weather related closing.
- The FSU Travel and Research Support (RES) Fund Reimbursement.
Honors College Advising and Student Success
- The Honors College Academic plan is a useful tool to learn about the Honors College curriculum and help students sequence required courses
Honors College Policies and Protocols
- If you must miss a class for illness or personal/medical emergency, please email Susan.Gauss@umb.edu with as much notice as possible. Please note, in the event of a campus-wide closure, the Honors College defers to the campus protocol and notification process.
- No out of pocket expenses can be reimbursed without written authorization, which is secured before the purchase is made, from the college's dean. For financial questions, please contact Lisa.Greggo@umb.edu
- Read the policy information for a course syllabus.
- Follow the Honors College protocol for distressed and distressing students.