For questions about library hours, your account, laptops, barcodes, loan periods, overdue book, fines, or any general library questions, contact the Circulation Department at:
For a list of all departments, check the listing of Library Departments.
Faculty can contact a liaison librarian attached to their respective departments.
We really want to hear from you. We offer six ways to connect:
- Ask a Librarian!
Library answers, convenient and fast, web-hosted in the cloud, with a built-in FAQ
- Call 617.287.5940 for the Reference Desk during staffed hours.
- Chat with a Librarian, 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week assistance by UMass Boston librarians and other academic librarians on college campuses throughout the world.
- Text: 617.826.9978
A UMass Boston reference librarian will respond within 24 hours (Monday-Friday).
- Schedule a Research Consultation with a Reference Librarian.
We can help you find and cite articles, books and more for your papers and projects.
- Visit the Healey Library’s 4th floor Reference Desk during staffed hours. During weekend and evening hours, visit the second floor Circulation Desk for assistance. A staff member there will get you started and will consult a librarian, if needed.
- Research Guides cover a variety of general research topics such as evaluating sources and search strategies.
- The Online Reference Collection is a great place to find background material for your research.
- The Library Glossary provides definitions of commonly used library terms.
- Citing Sources provides links to reliable web sites that guide students through citation styling, academic writing, avoiding plagiarism, etc.
- Citation Management Tools offers a comparison of different tools.
- EasyBib automatically creates citations and bibliographies in APA, MLA, Chicago and more.
- Mendeley is a free tool from Elsevier that allows users to organize, reference, annotate, and share documents
- Zotero is a free Firefox browser extension that lets you collect, manage, and cite a multitude of resources while surfing the Internet.