The Office of Housing and Residential Life (OHRL) provides communities designed to promote all residents’ personal, interpersonal, and academic success. We strive to create supportive and engaging environments that celebrate differences and encourage our students to become engaged and responsible community members. We cultivate communities grounded in relationships that encourage self-awareness and embrace all expression of identities.
Housing and Residential Life is committed to:
Integrity & Transparency
- We hold each other accountable and build trust through our interactions.
- We consult with our stakeholders and provide context to our decisions.
- We strive to be a learning organization and solicit feedback.
- We take the time to reflect on our successes and areas for improvement and act to improve the experience of our residents.
Teamwork & Collaboration
- We understand that input from stakeholders improves our decision-making.
- We strive to work efficiently.
- We believe that working as a team improves our effectiveness.
Diversity & Inclusion
- Our practices, policies, and decisions are guided by a dedication to provide a welcoming community.
- We believe that inclusive practices enhance the health and wellbeing of our residents.
Student Development & Success
- We hold student academic success as a top priority.
- We value innovation in delivering programs and leadership opportunities for residents.
- We encourage residents to actively participate in the university and the local community.
- We believe in positivity and a growth mindset.
Environmental Stewardship & Sustainability
- Our facilities and community initiatives reflect our dedication to sustainability.
- We consider the global impact in our practices and decisions.
The Office of Housing and Residential Life (OHRL) recognizes, welcomes and affirms the various identities our residential students may hold. We are committed to providing a challenging and supportive living and learning environment that encourages residents in their exploration and reflection on race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sex, ancestry, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, and status as a veteran. Through the intentional creation of respectful communities, and education geared towards social justice, we aim to create a home for all residential students where they feel valued, heard, and respected.
OHRL upholds the University’s non-discrimination policy and strictly prohibits acts of discrimination and discriminatory harassment.
Campus Center, 3rd Floor