Welcome to Get IT, home of the Technology Loaner Program for faculty and staff.
Students can request a Chromebook here
The Technology Loaner Program
In March, IT made a number of laptops available for a "Technology Loaner Program". Today we are announcing a large expansion of that program, including PC and Mac laptops, but also including the addition of desktop computers, as well as external monitors, headsets/microphones, and webcams. All equipment is brand new and in-box for easy pickup and transport home. The Tech Loaner Program Expansion is available to all staff and faculty on a first come-first serve basis. Any employee can simply log into the portal and make their reservation.
Click the button above and log in with your UMass Boston account to start the loan process.
What is the Get IT Portal?
We are also announcing a new technology system to facilitate requesting these technology loans, called "Get IT", a web application created to guide patrons of the Technology Loaner Program through the process of requesting computers and accessories from our inventory. Get IT helps automate the Property Pass process via the DocuSign system, and gives the IT team the information needed to prepare your equipment and set up a zero-touch pickup.
How does this work?
Here are the steps you will take via Get IT for the Technology Loaner Program:
- Step 1: Login and select your preferred computer and accessories.
- Step 2: Enter your supervisor’s email, and the location you will use the loaner equipment.
- Step 3: Submit, and you will get a property pass emailed to you via DocuSign. Click the “Review Document” button in the email and sign the form.
- Step 4: Next, your supervisor will get the property pass and will also need to sign it for approval.
- Step 5: Now that your Technology Loan has been approved, you will be contacted by IT Desktop via email, to correspond and schedule a pickup.
- Step 6: Go to the ISC Roundabout (between Quinn and ISC) at your scheduled Pickup time to receive your Loaner Technology through a zero-contact curbside pickup. Bring your Driver’s License or UMass Boston ID!
- Bonus: When you are ready to return your equipment, come back to Get It and log in again, to start the process of a return.