- NURSNG 226 - Introduction to Nursing Practice (Traditional)
- NURSNG 351 - Nursing Process and Skills (Accelerated)
This is the first clinical nursing course where the learner acquires basic skills in critical thinking, as well as an understanding of the psychosocial and scientific basis of nursing care in a sub-acute clinical setting.
NURSNG 310 - Adult Health Nursing
This is the first of two courses centering on adult health nursing in the acute care setting. Adult Health Nursing I is the study of comprehensive complex nursing care aimed at promotion, restoration and maintenance of health in adults.
- NURSNG 335 - Maternity and Women’s Health
The focus of this clinical nursing course is on the normal pregnancy, labor, birth, recovery and quality of life in the childbearing phase of the lifecycle.
- NURSNG 345 - Mental Health Nursing
This course presents theoretical concepts of psychiatric mental health nursing to assist the student in using the nursing process to improve quality of life by meeting the mental health care needs of diverse urban client systems.
- NURSNG 430 - Community Health
The course enables students to perform comprehensive interventions designed to improve public health and the care of populations in communities.
- NURSNG 435 - Pediatrics
This course is an introduction to pediatric nursing with an emphasis on the common health problems of infants, children, and adolescents.
- NURSNG 455 - Nursing Synthesis and Capstone
In the Synthesis and Capstone course students provide direct care to acutely ill patients and their families while working one on one with a baccalaureate prepared registered nurse staff preceptor.
Undergraduate Exercise Health Sciences (EHS)
- EHS 490 - Internship
The purpose of this internship program is to provide students with hands-on practical experience in the fields of exercise and health sciences.
Undergraduate EHS Forms
- NURSNG 615 - Advanced Health Assessment
This course focuses on the development of advanced practice nursing knowledge and skills in health assessment with an emphasis on diverse populations.
- NURSNG 640 - Advanced Health Promotion & Disease Prevention Across the Lifespan
Students analyze the clinical application of theories and research from nursing, health promotion, and disease prevention.
- NURSNG 664 - Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) Clinical Practicum: Focus on the Patient
In this course, students apply the knowledge and advanced practice skills in patient care learned in NURSNG 690.
- NURSNG 665 - Clinical Practicum II: Focus on CNS Role
This course emphasizes the CNS influence on nursing personnel and the organization.
- NURSNG 667 - Clinical Practicum: Nurse Educators in the Clinical Practice Setting
Students acquire advanced teaching skills required to meet the health-related learning needs of patients, families and groups in clinical and community settings.
- NURSNG 668 - Clinical Practicum: Nurse Educators in the Academic Practice Setting
Students gain advanced teaching competencies for nurse educators to assist nursing students acquire the knowledge, skills and values required for contemporary professional nursing practice.
- NURSNG 670 - Primary Care of the Adult Practicum and Seminar<
Students refine their advanced practice skills in primary care with further attention to the application of theory and evidenced based knowledge to the role of the family or adult gerontological nurse practitioner caring for the adult patient.
- NURSNG 672 - Primary Care of the Adult/Older Adult Practicum III
Students further refine skills in critical thinking and clinical reasoning in the application of theory and research to practice.
- NURSNG 682 - Practicum in Primary Care of the Family
Students further refine skills in critical thinking and clinical reasoning. Assessment, diagnostic, therapeutic, and health teaching strategies are applied to a continuum of health promotion / illness problems of women, infants, and children.
Graduate Nursing Forms
- ANCC Preceptor Form and AANP Preceptor Form
- NP or CNS Preceptor Guidelines
- Preceptor Orientation FAQs
- Responsibilities of the Student
- Student’s Evaluation of Preceptor and Agency
- Preceptor Agreement
- NURSNG 615 Clinical Evaluation Tool
- NURSNG 682 Clinical Evaluation Tool
- Clinical Evaluation Tool (all other graduate courses)