Non-Tenure Track (NTT) Faculty Resources
Non-Tenure Track (NTT) faculty play a pivotal and dynamic role at the University of Massachusetts Boston. Nearly half of the courses taught at UMass Boston are taught by NTT faculty. NTT faculty include Associate Lecturer, Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, and Senior Lecturer II. The Office for Faculty Development's programs and services are available to all faculty members.
Some Important Resources
- The Helpful Links page orients new faculty to campus.
- The Guide for New Faculty orients new faculty to campus.
- This handbook has links to helpful resources for all UMass Boston faculty members.
Face to Face:
- Accountability Writing Group for Faculty of Color
- Annual Conference on Teaching, Learning and Technology
- CIT Forums
- Individual consultation upon request
- NTT and Themed Faculty Teaching Seminars (CIT)
- Publishing Workshops
- Affordable Textbook Fact Sheet
- Pedagogy Guide for new instructors who assign and assess writing
- Resources for Instructors and TAs teaching large classes (OFD/CLA)
- The National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity
The NTT Caucus is a group of non-tenure-track faculty affiliated with the Faculty Staff Union who meet regularly to promote and address working conditions and visibility for NTT faculty. The mission is to help NTT Faculty connect with other colleagues and give you a voice in campus policies and governance. For more information, please contact FSU.
UMass Boston Human Resources
The Faculty Staff Union
Office For Faculty Development
Deans, Department Chairs, and Directors Spring 2024
Department of Public Safety
UMass Alert System
2023 Boston Faculty Self Service Brochure V1
Spring 2024 AV + Classroom Tech Services
Spring 2024 Software List
IT Research Computing Spring 2024
Learning Design Brochure- Spring 2024
FSU Agreement 2023-2024
Minimum Faculty Responsibilities & Recommended
Syllabus Language for Spring 2024
Annual Faculty Report (AFR)
Spring 2024 List of Questions for Faculty Orientation