- This document describes in detail the process that UMass Boston Information Technology will use during the initiating, planning, execution, and closing phases of projects. In defining this methodology, we hope to reach the following goals:
- Provide a common point of reference and a common vocabulary for talking and writing about the practice of project management for projects within the IT Division.
- Increase the awareness and professionalism of good project management practice by those charged with the responsibilities defined in the methodology.
- Define the roles of the Sponsor, Project Manager, Stakeholders, Technical and Business Leads and other team members and obtain consensus within the organization about their importance as critical success factors.
- Create the basis for a collaborative environment where everyone engaged in project work understands what is required of them and why those requirements are key factors for improving project results.