Jie Chen, PhD
Areas of Specialization
Recent Articles in Professional Journals:
- Chen, J. and Glaz, J. (2017). Scan Statistics for Integer Valued Random Variables: Conditional Case. Handbook of Scan Statistics. Springer, New York.
- Chen, J. and Glaz, J. (2016). Multiple Window Scan Statistics for Two Dimensional Poisson Processes. Methodology and Computing in Applied Probability. (2016) 18:967 – 977.
- Chen, J., Glaz, J. and Sison C. P. (2016). Testing Homogeneity of the Multinomial Proportions. Communication in Statistics Theory and Methods. Vol. 45, Issue 6, March 2016, 1747 – 1777.
- Chen, J. and Glaz, J. (2016). Scan Statistics for Monitoring Data Modeled by a Negative Binomial Distribution. Communication in Statistics Theory and Methods. Vol. 45, Issue 6, March 2016, 1632 – 1442.
- Ferguson T., Jorgensen, P. and Chen, J. (2016). How Money Drives US Congressional Elections. Institute for New Economic Thinking, Working Paper No. 48, August 1, 2016.
- Coyle, C. E., Steinman, B. A., Brown, and Chen, J. (2016). Visual Acuity and Self-Reported Vision Status: Their Associations with Social Isolation in Older Adults. Journal of Aging and Health. Vol. 29(1) pp. 158 – 176.
- Steinman, B. A., Brown, Chen, J. and S, Pynoos (2015). Functional Limitations as Potential Mediators of the Effects of Self-Reported Vision Status on Fall Risk of Older Adults. Journal of Aging and Health. 27(1), 158 – 176.
- Hartwell, S., James, A., Chen, J. Pinals, D. et.al. (2014). Trauma Among Justice Involved Veterans, Professional Psychology: Research and Practice. 45(6) 425 – 432.
- Ferguson, T., Jorgensen, P. and J. Chen (2013). Party Competition and Industrial Structure in the 2012 Elections, Who’s Really Driving the Taxi to the Dark Side? International Journal of Political Economy, vol. 42, no. 2, Summer 2013, pp. 3 – 41.
- H. Tao, C. Ellenbecker, J. Chen, L. Zhang and D. Dalton (2012). The Influence of Social Environmental Factors on Re-hospitalization among Patients Receiving Home Health Care Services. Advances in Nursing Science. 35(4) 1 – 13.
- S. Fitzgibbons, J. Chen, R. Jagsi, and D. Weinstein (2012). Long-Term Follow-Up on the Educational Impact of AcGME Duty Hours Limits, a Pre-Post Survey Study. Annual of Surgery. Dec; 256(6) 1108 – 12.
- V. Konstam, D. Gregory and J. Chen (2011). Health-Related Quality of Life in a Multicenter Randomized Controlled Comparison of Telephonic Disease Management and Automated Home Monitoring in Patients Recently Hospitalized with Heart Failure: Span-CHF II Trial. Journal of Cardiac Failure. 17(2), 151 – 157.
- Kim, S. M. Lee, E. Y., Chen, J. and Ringer, S. A. (2010). Improved Care and Growth Outcomes by Using Hybrid Humidified Incubators in Very Preterm Infants. Pediatrics. Vol. 125(1), e137 – e145.
- S. Gabardi , S. Waikar, S. Martin, K. Roberts, and Jie Chen, (2010). Evaluation of Fluoroquinolone Antibiotics f or the Prevention of BK Viremia after Renal Transplantation. Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology. May 2010.
- King, J. J., Borsari, B., and Chen, J. (2010). Resident Assistant and College Students' Perceptions of Alcohol Use. Addictive Behaviors, 35, 640-643.
Recent Papers Presented at Scientific Meetings and Conferences:
- Chen, J. (2017). Scan Statistics – Methods and Applications. Beijing Normal University. July 11, 2017.
- Chen, J., Ferguson T. and Jorgensen, P. (2017). Using Scan Statistics for Cluster Detection - Comparison with Granger Causality Tests. 17th Applied Stochastic Model and Data Analysis International Conference. London, UK. June 6 – 9, 2017.
- Chen, J. (2017). Identifying Cancer Incidence Using Scan Statistics. IMS-China International Conference on Statistics and Probability 2017. Nannin, China. June 28 – July 2, 2017.
- Chen, J. and Glaz, J. (2016). Conditional Variable Window Scan Statistics for Discrete iid Random Variables. Eighth International Workshop on Applied Probability 2016. Toronto Canada, June, 2016.
- Ferguson, T., Jorgensen, P., and Jie Chen (2015). How Money Drives US Congressional Elections. Annual Conference of the Institute for New Economic Thinking, Paris, France, April 2015.
- Chen, J., X. Sha and Glaz, J. (2015). Clustering Detection using Variable Window and Spatial Scan Statistics. Sixth Annual International Symposium on the Evaluation of Clinical Trials (Methodologies and Applications). Beijing, China. July 2015.
- Chen, J. and Glaz, J. (2014). Two-Dimensional Variable Window Scan Statistics for Continuous Distributions. Seventh International Workshop on Applied Probability 2014. Antalya Turkey, June, 2014.
- Chen, J. and Glaz J. 2013: Scan Statistics for Negative Binomial Distributions. 15th Applied Stochastic Model and Data Analysis International Conference. Mataro (Barcelona BCN) Spain, Jun 25 – 28, 2013.
- Ferguson, T., Jorgensen, P., and Jie Chen (2013). Poles Apart? Party Polarization and Industrial Structure in American Politics Now – a Preliminary Quantitative Assessment. Annual Conference of the Institute for New Economic Thinking, Hong Kong. April 2013.
- Chen, J. and Glaz 2012: An Application of Bayesian Variable Window Scan Statistics to a Congenital Birth Defects Data. Second Joint Biostatistics Symposium. Beijing, China. July 2012.
- Chen, J and Glaz 2012: Variable Window Scan Statistics for Clustering Detection, Sixth International Workshop on Applied Probability 2012. Jerusalem, Israel. June, 2012.