Welcome to the Information Technology Services Division (ITSD)
Bob Weir, Vice Provost/CIO
Information Technology Services
ITSD’s goal is to provide the best service and support to our faculty, students, and staff. With a little more than 100 dedicated staff and more than 60 student employees, we support a wide variety of services listed under five departments:
- Application Services
- Client Services
- Communications and Infrastructure
- Educational Technology
- Research Computing
If you have any questions, a great place to start is the IT Service Desk located on the 3rd floor of the Healey Library. You may also call 617.287.5220 or email at ITServiceDesk@umb.edu
ITSD's mission is to support the university's strategic goals:
- Advance student success and development.
- Enrich and expand academic programs and research.
- Improve the learning, teaching, and working environment.
- Establish a financial resources model consistent with the university's vision statement.
- Develop an infrastructure supportive of the preceding goals.
Some of the key initiatives: 
- iPads to enhance teaching and learning – CNHS's SAIL Program & CEHD's Teach Next Year
- Instructional Continuity - Ensuring that each course has a presence on Blackboard
- Student Services - Wiser mobile access
- Faculty research - Access to Atlas.ti & MAXQDA
- Support for the new buildings – University Hall & ISC
- Infrastructure Upgrades – 100% Wireless Coverage; replace UPS units; Virtual Desktop Initiative (VDI)
- Customer Service - Implementation of ServiceNow; ITIL Training
- Upgrade to the Identity Management System - Oracle 11G
- Deployment of KACE 1000 and 2000 – to manage and image desktops and laptops
- Annual computer 'Replace/Refresh' program
If you are a new member of the university, you should visit the Getting Started section of our website. It lists the various services that are available to you.
The Getting Services section is a comprehensive listing of all IT services – from Administrative Systems to Web Services and Wireless. The ITSD organization chart depicts the structure of the division, this chart can be found on our Reports page.