Welcome to the Information Technology Services Division (ITSD) website (Sept. 2014)
ITSD’s goal is to provide the best service and support to our faculty, students, and staff. With a little more than 100 dedicated staff and more than 60 student employees, we support a wide variety of services listed under five departments:
- Application Services
- Client Services
- Communications and Infrastructure
- Educational Technology
- Research Computing
If you have any questions, a great place to start is the IT Service Desk located on the 3rd floor of the library. You may also call 617.287.5220 or email at ITServiceDesk@umb.edu
ITSD's mission is to support the university's strategic goals:
- Advance student success and development.
- Enrich and expand academic programs and research.
- Improve the learning, teaching, and working environment.
- Establish a financial resources model consistent with the university's vision statement.
- Develop an infrastructure supportive of the preceding goals.
Some of the key initiatives:
- iPads to enhance teaching and learning – Library, Academic Support and College of Education and Human Development
- Migration to Blackboard Collaborate for synchronous communications
- Support for the new buildings – Integrated Science Complex, General Academic Building 1 and 2, the EMK institute and the renovation of existing spaces
- Infrastructure Upgrades - UMassNet, Wireless Service
- Research computing
- Upgrade to our SQL Server environment
- Upgrade to Xythos – Document Management
- Deployment of Kace – to manage desktops and laptops
- Implementation of a Mobile Device Management (MDM) system
- Efficiencies in Campus Systems - Document Imaging, BuyWays, etc.
- Desktop backup solution – Code 42 / CrashPlan in the cloud
If you are a new member of the university, you should visit the Getting Started section of our website. It lists the various services that are available to you.
The Getting Services section is a comprehensive listing of all IT services – from Administrative Systems to Web Services and Wireless. The ITSD organization chart depicts the structure of the division.
Thank you for visiting the ITSD website. If you have any questions please do not hesitate in letting me know.
Apurva Mehta – Interim Vice-Provost for Information Technology and CIO