Recruiting Students and Alumni
"We've been recruiting at UMass Boston for the last 10 years and we continue to do so because of the engagement we receive from the Career Services Department. They really take time to get to know what we're looking for in students and help us engage with those students across multiple disciplines. We also appreciate the preparation of the interns and students here. UMass Boston has a diverse group of students who are really ambitious, motivated, hungry, and understand what it takes to succeed in our workplace."
-Dakota Jones, Program Coordinator, Commercial Real Estate Success Training (CREST) Internship
- In 2018, U.S. News & World Report ranked UMass Boston in the first tier of national universities for the third year in a row.
- The Princeton Review named UMass Boston as one of its “Best in the Northeast” colleges.
- In 2020, 24/7 Wall St. reviewed U.S. Department of Education data and determined that UMass Boston is the third most diverse four-year college in the United States.
- The university’s 10 colleges and schools offer 77 undergraduate programs (bachelor’s degrees, undergraduate certificates, post-baccalaureate certificates) and 130 graduate programs (master’s degrees, doctoral degrees, graduate certificates, CAGS, and post-master’s certificates). The Honors College serves 721 students who thrive on intellectual challenge.
- UMass Boston is the only public university in Greater Boston and is the most ethnically diverse public institution in New England. UMass Boston is nationally recognized as a model of excellence for urban universities.
Whether you have an internship or co-op opportunity, an entry-level opening, or a more senior level position to fill, use UMass Boston’s Academic and Career Engagement and Success (ACES) Center as your clearinghouse and liaison.
We’ll facilitate your recruitment of both students and alumni.
The ACES Center invites you to:
Not a placement service: ACES is not a placement service for either students or employers. Because we serve thousands of students and alumni, we are not able to place students into internships or full-time positions. Our office is not a placement agency and our advisors are not recruiters. The office offers career management services, expertise, and support; however, ultimately students own their careers and are responsible for managing them.
Participate in our On-Campus Interview Program
Meet with qualified candidates through our On-Campus Interviewing Program. An active schedule of interview dates and employer information sessions runs through our fall and spring semesters. If you are interested in scheduling an information session, or on-campus interviews, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. On-campus interviews can only be held when the ACES office is open, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
We urge you to reserve as early as possible, because our space accommodations are limited.
Attend our Career Fairs
Our annual spring career fair is open to all current students and alumni. This well-attended event attracts job seekers of diverse backgrounds and all levels of experience. If you would be interested in attending a career fair, or would like to join our employer mailing list, please email us with your contact information.
Additional Recruiting Opportunities
- Information Sessions and Information Tables: If you are interested in scheduling an information session or information table, please visit our page for guidelines and procedures to make a request.
- Internship Partnering: The internship/co-op program can be a highly cost-effective pre-recruiting tool. Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to discuss ways to partner with UMass Boston regarding to specialized internship programs.
- Employer Partnerships: UMass Boston Partners are offered sponsorship opportunities to increase visibility through comprehensive services aimed at meeting your diverse employment needs. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in discussing these opportunities.