Urban Scholars is currently working towards establishing and maintaining an Alumni Committee that will meet the professional needs of our graduates. Please check back for more on this in the next few months.
- Since the program's inception in 1983, all Urban Scholars seniors have been accepted to at least two four-year colleges: 96% of these students have enrolled in college; 86% have either graduated or are still in school.
- 11% of the students who have completed their undergraduate work are now pursuing or have completed master's degrees.
- One student received a master's in Fine Arts in Creative Writing from Brown University. Her first novel was published in the fall of 1993; her second novel was published in November 1994; her third was published in the fall of 1997.
- One student has completed medical school, another received his master's in Urban Planning from MIT, and another received her master's in Psychology from Boston College.
- Two students have master's in Nursing, one from Syracuse University and the other from the University of Vermont.
- One student received her master's in Education from Harvard University, and another student received her master's in Education from Cambridge College. One student received her master's in Social Work from Simmons College.
- One student received his law degree from Georgetown University Law Center and another student received her master's Degree in Business Administration from Bentley College.
- In 1993, an alumna was one of 65 students nationally who was selected to receive the Watson Traveling Fellowship. She spent a year studying the political implications of West Indian music in the Caribbean
Are you an alum from the Program? Please stay connected! Facebook and Linkedin pages at the bottom of this page.