- If you use a screen-reader, such as JAWS for Windows or VoiceOver on the Mac, you might want to turn on the accessibility features in WISER. Click here for instructions.
- Beginning on Oct. 26, 2015, the appearance of the UMass secure login page will change. You will continue to enter your same user ID, password and campus. If you have any problems, please contact the IT Service Desk (email@example.com; 617-287-5220).
WISER is where you manage your classes and information about yourself. If you are having trouble logging in, we have tips that solve 95% of all access problems. Click Show Tips to reveal the troubleshooting section. Click WISER help for help with the main features of WISER.
The privacy of information in WISER is protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). To learn how to secure the confidentiality of protected student data, please review The Guide to Information Security for Faculty and Staff. In order to ensure compliance with this law, faculty and staff will be asked to complete a FERPA quiz when they log into WISER once each semester.
Log in with your campus email user ID (the part before the @ sign in your email address) and email password. If you don't know it, you can look up your WISER (Email) User ID here. (The tool returns your full email address. Use only the part before the @ sign.) Be sure to specify "Boston" as the campus.
If you are returned directly to the login page without an error or experience other odd behavior, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies (see above).
- Student Log-in
- Faculty Log-in
- Staff Log-in
- Designated Access Log-in: Use this link if a student has granted you access to his/her WISER account. (See below.)
How to Turn on the Accessibility Features in WISER (for use with screen-readers)
Access to Degree Audit
Students: In WISER, on the Student Center page, select Boston Degree Progress in the Quick Links dropdown menu. Log in with your campus email user ID (the part before the @ sign in your UMass Boston email address) and your email password. Degree audits are not available to graduate students or non-degree students.
Staff only: Log in to the Degree Audit System with your campus email user ID (firstname.lastname) and email password.
Searching for Courses
Use the Course Wizard to search for classes without logging into WISER.
Use Guest Access to search course catalog and schedule of classes. On the Search Criteria page:
- Select Institution and Term from drop down boxes;
- To see subject list click on "select subject" icon.
Please click here for transcript information, including instructions for obtaining Boston State College transcripts.