Writing Proficiency Exam Holds
The Writing Proficiency Requirement states that you must pass (not merely attempt) the writing proficiency evaluation before you earn 75 credits.
Why do I have a hold on my Wiser account?
- You will complete at least 75 credits at the end of the current semester and you haven't fulfilled the Writing Proficiency Requirement.
- You need to develop a plan for fulfilling this requirement.
How can I get the hold released?
- Check your student email account for a message titled "Notice of WPE Hold on your Wiser Account." You would have received this message in March or in October. In that message are instructions on getting the hold released.
- If you can't find that message, contact us at email@example.com and tell us how and when you will fulfill the writing proficiency requirement.
- If you haven't taken an intermediate seminar, promise to do so in the next semester and to participate in EWRAP.
- If you have taken an intermediate seminar, check the WPE Schedule and tell us when you will complete a WPE portfolio.
- You may choose to take CRW 282, which will allow you to submit an EWRAP portfolio instead of a WPE portfolio.
I didn't keep my promise to do EWRAP or the WPE. Now what?
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and either ask us what to do, or propose how you will fulfill the requirement.
- Or, schedule a remote appointment with a member of the staff at this link: https://WPEappointment.as.me/HoldRelease.
- We may ask you to take additional actions, such as taking a writing-intensive course like CRW 282, or participating in tutoring.
- If you don't comply with this second agreement, you will not be able to register for courses unless given permission to do so by the Associate Director of Undergraduate Studies/Writing Proficiency.