Electronic Writing Assessment Portfolio
Who can do Electronic Writing Assessment Portfolio?
- Electronic Writing Assessment Portfolio (EWRAP) is only available to students in the semester they take an intermediate seminar or CRW 282.
- If you are currently enrolled in an intermediate seminar you may submit an EWRAP portfolio.
- If you took an intermediate seminar in the winter or summer term immediately prior to the current semester you may submit an EWRAP portfolio.
- If you are currently enrolled in CRW 282 you may submit an EWRAP portfolio.
- If you plan to graduate at the end of the current semester, in December or in May, you must submit a WPE portfolio in October or in January. EWRAP portfolios will not be evaluated before the graduation deadline.
- If you are not currently enrolled in an intermediate seminar, and you didn't take an intermediate seminar in the winter or summer session immediately before this semester, you cannot submit to EWRAP and must submit a WPE portfolio instead.
What is EWRAP? (Short video)
How does EWRAP work?
- At mid-semester, students will be enrolled in a Blackboard course, CAS 014 - EWRAP.
- This is a course shell that supports EWRAP portfolio submission, but it does not cost anything or contribute to your academic history.
- If you qualify for EWRAP you will be enrolled in the course.
- EWRAP instructions are available in the Blackboard course.
- At the end of the semester, students enrolled in CAS 014-EWRAP will submit a selection of papers from UMass Boston courses they have taken, along with a reflection letter.
- Unlike the WPE portfolio and WPE timed exam, EWRAP does not require students to write a new essay, but you are required to include a Reflection Letter.
- This portfolio will be evaluated by UMass Boston faculty.
- Students who pass EWRAP fulfill the writing proficiency requirement.
- Students who don't submit to EWRAP or don't pass must submit a WPE portfolio in a subsequent semester.
Note: Students who took an INC in their Intermediate Seminar course and did not submit to EWRAP the semester the INC was posted may request access to submit to EWRAP in a future semester, but not later than one year after the INC was posted.