Writing Proficiency Exam Schedule
On this page are the schedules for the Fall 2023 Electronic Writing Assessment (EWRAP) and January 2024 Writing Proficiency Exam (WPE).
Please note that after the January 2024 WPE, the next portfolio date will be for a June 2024 submission. If you are looking to graduate by May 2024, you must complete the January 2024 WPE.
Fall 2023 EWRAP and EWRAP-2: (electronic submission)
- Students who qualify to participate will be contacted by email, and detailed instructions will be available in a Blackboard course shell.
- Fall 2023 EWRAP is only available to students enrolled in an intermediate seminar (a 200G course) in Summer 2023 or Fall 2023.
- Fall 2023 EWRAP-2 is only available to students enrolled in CRW 282 (by department consent) in Fall 2023. If you wish to take CRW 282 in a future semester, contact email@example.com. Requests to enroll are considered on a first come, first served basis beginning on the first day of registration. Once the class is full, students will be placed on a waitlist and will be enrolled automatically only if another student drops and a space becomes available. No permission numbers are given for CRW 282.
EWRAP and EWRAP-2 Submission deadline: December 21, 2023
January 2024 WPE Portfolio Schedule
|Registration||November 27-December 26|
|Reading labs||November 28-December 8|
|WPE tutoring||Through December 22|
|WPE Workshop||Pre-recorded and sent via email|
|Draft Reviews||December 26-27; January 2|
|WPE Submission||Due January 3, 2024 by 11:59 PM|
|WPE Grading||January 9-12|
|Results sent||January 12, 2024 after 5 PM|
|Retake Counseling||January 16-22|
|Revise/Appeal Submission||A week after your retake counseling appointment.|
Spring 2024 EWRAP and WPE Submission dates:
- Spring 2024 WPE: Due May 20, 2024
- June 2024 WPE: Due June 5, 2024 (Registration open April 29)