Graduate Student Enrollment Checklist
Congratulations on your acceptance to UMass Boston. As a newly admitted graduate student we recommend that you review the Admitted Student Checklist below to confirm your space in your program and to take the necessary next steps towards finalzing your enrollment. Contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at 617.287.6400 or email@example.com with any questions.
New Student Enrollment Deposit
To confirm a space in your graduate program you will need to submit your Enrollment Confirmation Form and $250 New Student Enrollment Deposit. Log into your Beacon Gateway to submit your form and make your payment.
Claim Your UMass Boston Account (WISER and Webmail)
24 hours after submitting your New Student Deposit, visit umb.edu/createmyaccount and follow the prompts to set up your security questions and password. The Campus ID (e.g. First.Last001) that will be provided to you, in conjunction with the password you create, can be used to access:
You will soon receive a communication from your respective department and/or program director about registration. This may contain information regarding course registration, your Academic Advisor, and other details to aid you in getting prepared for classes.
If you wish to contact your department or Graduate Program Director for more information about registration and next steps, you can search for program contact information here.
Register for Graduate Student Orientation
Health Services: Immunization and Health Insurance
Off Campus Housing
Parking & Transportation
Request a BeaconCard
All new UMass Boston students should sign up for a BeaconCard. The BeaconCard is a OneCard that can be used to check-out items at the Healy Library, access on-campus parking, add BeaconBucks or dining plans, and more.
Learn how to go about requesting your BeaconCard.
Graduate Assistantships and Financing Your Education
I-20 Certificate of Eligibility and International Student Visas
- Log into your Beacon Gateway and submit your Enrollment Confirmation Form and New Student Enrollment Deposit
- Claim your UMass Boston student account
- After having claimed your UMass Boston account and created your unique password, use those credentials to log into UMassVIP
- After logging into UMassVIP, click on the 'Admissions' link and begin the process of completing the Initial Undergraduate Declaration & Certification of Finance (DCF) E-Form
In order to receive an I-20, students will be required to upload:
- Completed Declaration & Certification of Finance (DCF) E-form
- Copy of Passport Biography page (.PDF document)
- Funding Options (.PDF)
- Personal Funds: bank statement issued within the last 6 months showing adequate liquid funds
- Sponsor: Sponsor's Statement and Bank Statemetn in sponsor's name showing adequate liquid funds
- Government Scholarship: A scholarship letter issued by the governing authority
- Previous visa history
If you have any issues accessing UMassVIP or have other questions about receiving your I-20 Certificate of Eligibility, please contact the Office of Global Programs.