January 2016 WPE Registration (Timed-Essay Exams and Portfolio Submissions)
Registration will start at 9:00 AM on Monday, November 30, 2015, and it will end at 5:00 PM on Tuesday, December 29, 2015.
You cannot register for the January 2016 WPE before or after the above dates.
Click here for a preview of the reading sets on or after Monday, November 30, 2015.
- Reading Set A: Monday, January 4, 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Reading Set B: Monday, January 4, 6:00 PM to 9 PM
- Reading Set C: Tuesday, January 5, 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Complete portfolios must be submitted by 4:00 PM on this day only: Wednesday, January 6, in Campus Center 1-1300. If you are not in line by 4:00 you will be turned away.
- Early or late portfolios will not be accepted.
- Contact us in advance by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot travel to UMB on January 6, and cannot arrange for someone else to deliver your portfolio for you.
To register, please follow the instructions below:
- Please click here to register.
- When you have successfully registered, you will receive an email confirmation with instructions on how to access the reading set and the question.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you have set up filters to restrict mail reaching your Inbox, our e-mail with the instructions on how to access the reading set may be sent to your Junk or Bulk Mail folder. If you do not find our e-mail in your Inbox within an hour, please check your Junk or Bulk Mail folder.
- It is best to use Internet Explorer on a PC to access the reading sets. If you experience any difficulties opening the PDF files using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome on a PC or a Mac, or Safari on a Mac, follow the instructions provided in the links below:
- For Google Chrome:
- For Mozilla Firefox:
- For Safari on Mac:
- For all other issues with opening PDF files:
- If you have any problems with registration, please copy and paste the error message and email us or call our office at 617-287- 6330.
If you have any questions please email, phone or visit the Writing Assessment Office in the Department of Undergraduate Studies.
Office: Campus Center 1-1300
We will make every effort to provide you with information, practical advice, tutoring, workshops, and support to help you meet this requirement in a timely way.