January 2017 WPE Registration (Timed-Essay Exams and Portfolio Submissions)
Registration will start at 9:00 AM on Monday, November 28, 2016, and it will end at 5:00 PM on Tuesday, December 27, 2016.
You cannot register for the January 2017 WPE before or after the above dates.
For a preview of the Reading Sets A, B, and C, and the Portfolio Reading Set, click here.
- Complete portfolios must be submitted by 4:00 PM on this day only: Wednesday, January 4, in Campus Center 1-1300. If you are not in line by 4:00 you will be turned away.
- Early or late portfolios will not be accepted.
- Contact us in advance by email at email@example.com if you cannot travel to UMass Boston on January 4, and cannot arrange for someone else to deliver your portfolio for you or if you would like to submit your portfolio electronically.
To register, please follow the instructions below:
- Please click here to register.
- When you have successfully registered, you will receive an email confirmation with instructions on how to access the reading set and the question.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you have set up filters to restrict mail reaching your Inbox, our email with the instructions on how to access the reading set may be sent to your Junk or Bulk Mail folder. If you do not find our email in your Inbox within an hour, please check your Junk or Bulk Mail folder.
- It is best to use Internet Explorer on a PC to access the reading sets. If you experience any difficulties opening the PDF files using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome on a PC or a Mac, or Safari on a Mac, follow the instructions provided in the links below:
- For Google Chrome:
- For Mozilla Firefox:
- For Safari on Mac:
- For all other issues with opening PDF files:
- If you have any problems with registration, please copy and paste the error message and email us or call our office at 617-287- 6330.
If you have any questions please email, phone or visit the Writing Proficiency Office in the Department of Undergraduate Studies.
Office: Campus Center 1-1300
We will make every effort to provide you with information, practical advice, tutoring, workshops, and support to help you meet this requirement in a timely way.