- Faculty and Staff Directory
- Authorization/Access/Long-distance Code (Authcode)
- Transfer Calls to another Extension
- Conference Call Services
- AASTRA QUICK REFERENCE GUIDEAASTRA QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE
- No Service Aastra phones
- MiContact Center Agent User Guide
TELEPHONE DIALING TIPS
* 22 # (Divert all calls to pre-programmed diversion point, v-mail, etc.)
# 22 #
- Follow Me
* 2 *, Station No., #
*2* 7-4700, #
# 2 #
- Last No.
*** Redial (Outside)
Call Forwarding to an Off-campus phone or cellphone*
Incoming calls to your campus phone can be forwarded to an off-campus phone or cellphone number. Please send an email request to IT Service Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org). This process needs to be programmed by the technician, so provide the following information: Off-campus telephone or cellphone number you want your calls to be transferred to.
MAKING PHONE CALLS
• Dial the 5 digit extension (7-XXXX)
- For Local calls, dial 9 + 617 + Telephone number
- For Long-distance calls, dial by using an authorization code
*6* Authorization Code # 9 + 1 + Area Code + Telephone Number
- For International calls, your authorization code should have international dialing capability. Please request for this dialing level if you need to make international calls frequently.
*6* Authorization Code # 9 + 011 + Country Code + City Code + Telephone Number
For a complete and updated directory of faculty and staff, you can visit UMass Boston’s directory.
We strongly encouraged our customers to check their own listings online to check for accuracy. Any outdated information should be reported to the IT Service Desk @ email@example.com to create a ticket in order to provide us with the correct information. Please remember that our records are only as good as the information that is provided to us. We enlist your help in keeping the data in Telecommunications as accurate as possible.
*Directory is updated weekly, with new information updated online every Friday. If you have requested changes or updates in your online information, please allow at least a week for these changes to take effect.
* Please provide new/updated information such as Name, Department, Phone #, and Office location to the firstname.lastname@example.org
Authorization or Access or Long-distance codes (Authcode) is a 5 digit number which is use to dial outside of your phone's dialing level. If you wish to obtain a long distance code please email the email@example.com to create a ticket and obtain one. Once telecommunications receives request, someone will send you an email with instructions on how to use. When the code is assigned its very important that it doesn't get shared with anyone.
- Pick up call on “Line 1”. If the call needs to be transferred
- Hit “Access 2 or Line 2” button
- Put in the 5 digit number/extension where you want to transfer the call, 7-XXXX
- Once you put in the phone number (5 digit extension), you may wait for the other party to pick up and notify them or ...
- Hit the "Transfer" button/key to transfer the call immediately without announcing the call. If the person you are transferring the call to is unavailable, the call will be diverted to his/her voicemail box.
Conference calls can be done on campus through the following procedures:
1. Desktop phone – Maximum of 3 parties
- Dial 1st party (Include your assigned codes when dialing outside of 617 area code)
- Acknowledge your first party and then put them on “hold”
- Press “Access 2” button and dial 2nd party
- After 2nd party answers, announce yourself
- Press “Conference” button. This will connect all parties.
2. Conference Bridge Calls – Maximum of 20 parties
Conference bridge calling is also available for a minimum of 8 but not more than 20. This service is provided by Verizon. A toll-free number with codes for the “Initiator” & “Participants” as well as a confirmation number will be emailed to the requestor for them to dial into. Please request this service ahead of time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the time, date, number of participants, and contact person, and Press 9 to connect all parties.
Request for your own department conference bridge can be requested through email@example.com. Telecom will assign your own conference bridge number, all calls are charged on a monthly basis and will be included in your monthly phone bill.
*Please contact Telecom at 7-5010 or 617-287-5010, if you have other needs that are not listed here.